“Great hospitality!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in Syracuse
Syracuse, New York
“Great hospitality!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

Due to an emergency hospital stay during a visit to family in Syracuse we had to extend our stay in Syracuse. We had a pet that was in a local kennel as the apartment our parents lived in did not allow pets. So we researched and found the Candlewood Suites were pet friendly and had a very acceptable accomodation to suit my husbands recovery needs. From the time I visited to select a suite style to the time we checked out the staff have been extraordinary. I was put at ease about any of my husbands post-op needs and assisted at every turn with information, suggestions, and just outright friendly concern and credible professionalism. My husband and I ownded our own dental practice and know the importance of customer service. We could not have been more pleased with the staff. I was greeted daily by a staff member and sincere inquiry was made to our well being. We will most certainly recommend this facility to others and return to stay upon our next visit to Syracuse. Thank you for the courtesy, care, and quality that your company exudes. The facility was also clean, well maintained, and hospitable. We felt welcomed, safe, and at home. This is how a business should be managed!

Room Tip: I would suggest that a traveler ask to see possible room choices and select the one most appropriate...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Pamela F
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Ithaca, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2011

I left my cell phone in the room and took their shuttle to airport. Realized I had left it, called front desk and the found it in my room and brought it to me at airport ASAP so I would not miss my flight!

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank MollyBMolly
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2011

Excellent location and professional staff.
Even the driver Dave came in half an hour early to get us to the airport on time. Many thanks.
Rooms very clean and well equipped.
However the heating system is very noise and affects one's sleeping and wake-up call didn't occur as requested.
Tripped on carpet in entranceway and bruised left shoulder, so be careful with your step.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2011

The Staff here are exceptionally friendly, courteous and helpful. You can always count on someone asking "how are you?" or saying "Have a good day". They are very knowledgable about the area restaurants and local attractions. DVD player in the room and free DVD library at the Front Desk have saved me from watching some boring TV show more than once. The rooms are clean and the kitchenette is well equipped. I stay here whenever I am in the area. I recommend The Candlewood to all of my associates.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Edward B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport, responded to this review, 30 November 2011
Thank you for your comments regarding our Team Members here at the hotel. We all take great pride in making all of our guests feel welcome. I am glad the DVD library made your nights a little more enjoyable. We look foward to seeing you in the future !
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

We stayed several nights at Candlewood recently and had stayed there last year as well.

CONS: Our disappointment really began once we got inside our room. The bathroom vanity sink "wood" was rotting all along the floor next to the camode. The carpets were not clean in the guestroom. The back on the sofa is so worn out there is no cushion left and could not be more uncomfortable! Most sofa beds are uncomfortable anyway, but this one needs to be replaced. Hey Candlewood, please get with the times and buy a Flat Panel TV, at least for the living room area! Bed was very uncomfortable. The lighting was exceptionally poor in both the guest room and living room. We were in a ground floor room and guess what, the hotel van took off before the rooster to deliever folks to the airport (lucky them, poor us) the door slamming, 4:30 a.m. chit chat and van beeping would wake the dead!

PROS: Staff very willing to assist with anything and were always courteous and professional. I believe the management and staff does the best they can with what they have to work with. The complimentary laundry and dryers as well as the "honor system" sundry shop were great plusses!The exterior, lobby and public areas are decent and what you should expect. You are near the airport and plenty of restaurants.

It's a good location, but the hotel is tired and needs to be fixed up. Hopefully soon, otherwise, we will find the nearest Country Inn and Suites.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms near the front entrance on the ground floor if possible.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank syrnomad
Thank you for your comments, we are installing new LCD TV's starting next week. They will be in every guest room and in the bedroom portion of our suites. Unfortunately, being an airport property we do have alot going on very early in the morning. We do try and keeep things quite out of consideration of other guests, I am very sorry that you were disturbed. I am happy to hear that our Team Members were friendly during your stay. We take great pride in being a customer service oriented hotel. We look forward to you staying with us in the future .