“Very Friendly Staff”

Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in Syracuse
Syracuse, New York
“Very Friendly Staff”
Reviewed 30 November 2011

The Staff here are exceptionally friendly, courteous and helpful. You can always count on someone asking "how are you?" or saying "Have a good day". They are very knowledgable about the area restaurants and local attractions. DVD player in the room and free DVD library at the Front Desk have saved me from watching some boring TV show more than once. The rooms are clean and the kitchenette is well equipped. I stay here whenever I am in the area. I recommend The Candlewood to all of my associates.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Edward B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport, responded to this review, 30 November 2011
Thank you for your comments regarding our Team Members here at the hotel. We all take great pride in making all of our guests feel welcome. I am glad the DVD library made your nights a little more enjoyable. We look foward to seeing you in the future !
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We stayed several nights at Candlewood recently and had stayed there last year as well.

CONS: Our disappointment really began once we got inside our room. The bathroom vanity sink "wood" was rotting all along the floor next to the camode. The carpets were not clean in the guestroom. The back on the sofa is so worn out there is no cushion left and could not be more uncomfortable! Most sofa beds are uncomfortable anyway, but this one needs to be replaced. Hey Candlewood, please get with the times and buy a Flat Panel TV, at least for the living room area! Bed was very uncomfortable. The lighting was exceptionally poor in both the guest room and living room. We were in a ground floor room and guess what, the hotel van took off before the rooster to deliever folks to the airport (lucky them, poor us) the door slamming, 4:30 a.m. chit chat and van beeping would wake the dead!

PROS: Staff very willing to assist with anything and were always courteous and professional. I believe the management and staff does the best they can with what they have to work with. The complimentary laundry and dryers as well as the "honor system" sundry shop were great plusses!The exterior, lobby and public areas are decent and what you should expect. You are near the airport and plenty of restaurants.

It's a good location, but the hotel is tired and needs to be fixed up. Hopefully soon, otherwise, we will find the nearest Country Inn and Suites.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms near the front entrance on the ground floor if possible.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank syrnomad
Thank you for your comments, we are installing new LCD TV's starting next week. They will be in every guest room and in the bedroom portion of our suites. Unfortunately, being an airport property we do have alot going on very early in the morning. We do try and keeep things quite out of consideration of other guests, I am very sorry that you were disturbed. I am happy to hear that our Team Members were friendly during your stay. We take great pride in being a customer service oriented hotel. We look forward to you staying with us in the future .
Poolesville, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 23 November 2011

We liked the hotel, the morning BF and the personnel. Give A++ to the place

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 16 November 2011

Just spent two days and place couldn't have felt more like home. Everything from laundry to pantry to cook tops provided all the comforts. Staff was very accommodating, especially Mel and James who could not have been friendlier. I highly recommend on your next visit to Syracuse.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for your comments ! We look forward to seeing you during your next visit to Syracuse !
Wynantskill, New York
Reviewed 13 October 2011

I stayed on Oct 8-9.2011. I had a great time. I wish I had time to stay lobger. I was visiting my brother for one day. Next time I will stay longer. It is a great place for a family. It was spotless and friendly. You could cook all your meals because it had a stove ,fridge,and microwave. Also all the dushes and pots and pans.It wasn't like the Best Western last time with bugs. When I called they the called me a liar. This place was 100% better.I hope if you need a friendly place you will pick this Hotel.Well the air conditiner was noisey.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family