New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of BEST WESTERN Syracuse Airport Inn

BEST WESTERN Syracuse Airport Inn
Ranked #19 of 31 Hotels in Syracuse
Ontario
“Can't beat the location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

this average best Western Hotel is technically within walking distance of the airport. The lobby was clean and cheerful. The receptionist staff was very helpful and friendly. The room tend to be small but tidy and clean (we had a ground floor room with no bedbugs as mentioned in a previous post). The room heating was efficient. The hallway walls and carpeting as well as bedroom carpeting could use a make over. Good, free Wi-Fi high-speed Internet was included.
We had delay she is dinner at the hotel restaurant that was reasonable in Price and with good service. Surprisingly good free breakfast was included in the morning that was available from 4 AM. With waffles, pancakes, bagels , toast and muffins etc.
For Canadian viewers using Syracuse Airport was breeze. We will definitely stay at his hotel again if we use Syracuse Airport in the future.

Room Tip: the restaurant on location has good food and good value. Parking at the hotel is cheaper than the at...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Ottawa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

I was concerned about room cleanliness and the promptness of the shuttle when reading the other reviews but they proved unfounded. Rooms were good and clean and very roomy as you sort through your luggage and any Watertown/Syracuse shopping you did getting there. Note the Disney Store in the Carousel Mall is half the price for the same Disney stuff at WDW, and you get to leave it in your vehicle and not fly with it. Staff are friendly, location can't be beat (2 minute ride to the airport - a little far to walk but the shuttle is instant). Breakfast (starts at 4am) is good, there is a little bar to watch the game (Canadians will find a hard time getting hockey :)
Points:
- They keep your car keys (and seal them in an envelope) so bring two sets if you want in and out of your car that night.
- The airport has a big hotel sign with a dedicated phone right at the luggage carousel so you can phone for the shuttle once you have your luggage without having to know the number or carry change (which you likely dumped before airport security getting back here)
- They were ready and waiting for us upon return and had the keys ready and they drive you to your car in the lot.
- Can't go wrong - will definitely use these guys again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Shawn_McKnight
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

My wife, our 2 year old, and our 10 month old were flying out of Syracuse and chose this hotel based on it's proximity to the airport, and because they offered on-site parking at the hotel.

I had booked a King Suite for the amenities. With two small children I needed a fridge and microwave. When I checked in I was given a double room and informed there were no King Suites available. I wound up keeping all the bottles of formula on ice and heating them up in the sink.

Upon check-in I had asked about the airport shuttle in the morning and that I had a 7am flight. I was informed by the Customer Service Manager that the 5:30am shuttle was already booked and I would have to be ready for the 5:10am shuttle. It's a very good thing I was early for the 5:10am shuttle because it filled up and people were turned away. We wound up waiting for quite a long time in the terminal, and in the airport terminal in Syracuse, there is nothing.

The hotel itself is not a bad property and appears reasonably maintained, but it is showing it's age. Not much more to be said about that.

Although the hotel did attempt to correct some of the shortcomings in the reservation I had made, I would rather they had just honored the one I had made. Also, the airport shuttle was sketchy getting out, because I barely made the early-early one.

I don't want to slam this hotel and say it's a bad place, because this establishment may be fine for most of the people who stay here. I just want to say that I stayed here and this was my experience.

I would be happy to answer any questions readers of this review may have.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sneaky291
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2012

We have stayed at the Best Western Syracuse on many occasions prior to taking early morning flights. You cannot beat the location of this property - within walking distance of the airport - although I wouldn't recommend it in the winter. The rooms are clean and well appointed. The bathroom has a separate vanity/sink area that is shared with the closet and is a little tight. They do have accessible rooms but I have never seen them. It is a one floor property in the shape of a octagon with a pool in the middle. The breakfast has been getting worse over our last two visits - no one seems to replenish the items and we were left with only a choice of yoghurt...no eggs, etc. and even when you self-clear your table - the garbage is full. There is a convenient shuttle to the airport and they will pick you up on your return. They are now charging for you to leave your car...so this time we parked at the airport in the covered area for $2 more per night...it was well worth it!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2011

Normally I have no problems with this hotel when I have stayed there in the past. However, my husband and I stayed there 12/3/2011 and when I turned the light on and looked down there were bugs all over the place, nasty!!!! We were on the first floor. Some were dead, some were alive... I immediately called the front desk, the worker came right over and said, "no they are not bed bugs, they are potato bugs!" I don't care what kind of bugs, get me the heck outta there!... He said because they don't have a basement these bugs are often found on their first floor. He moved us to the second floor and gave us a discount. No sleep that night, all I could think about was bugs... Did I say nasty????? Must say, the worker was empathetic and responsive to my concern as well as apologetic, I do hope they read this and get the problem under control. I won't be staying there anytime soon. Be careful if you stay there you might have visitors..... (=):

Room Tip: Don't stay on 1st floor
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple