All reviews armory square omelet chef chris historic hotel presidential suite landmark theater within walking distance full kitchen science museum extra towels small kitchenette complimentary breakfast location was perfect cookie cutter free parking yogurt spacious room
Reviewed 29 December 2015

Wow. Came here for a business meeting and would love to go back for a personal visit. Was greeted upon arrival with a wine and cheese platter and spent a good 30 minutes outside overlooking the Armory. Surprising how quiet this section of Syracuse is on a beautiful afternoon. I think the hotel must block a lot of city background sound. Had dinner at a local restaurant - there are many within walking distance of this hotel. The queen bed was extremely comfortable. Not much of a view though for me. Made to order omelettes in the AM? Seriously? WOW.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Corrin N, Manager at Jefferson Clinton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2016

Dear Long_time_local,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for your review on TripAdvisor! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and had nice weather while you were here! We look forward to having you as a guest the next time you are in Syracuse!

Best Wishes,
Corrin

Reviewed 12 December 2015

We stayed at the hotel for one night. The staff was great and helpful. The hotel is clean and has a classic high class look. The room was tastefully decorated, clean, and recently updated. Definitely would go back!

Right in Armory Square - Great Location

Room Tip: Right in Armory Square - Great Location
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
JCHGM, General Manager at Jefferson Clinton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2015

Dear 8Eagle,

Thank you for being our guest and leaving a review. We are all so happy you enjoyed your stay. We are especially thankful for your comments about our staff! We hope you'll visit us again soon!

Reviewed 8 December 2015

I visited the Syracuse area for a business trip in September 2015, and I had the privilege of staying at the JC. I was treated to a superb stay thanks to this hotel.

I arrived at the JC, and started to look for a parking lot. I saw the hotel, but I was unable to see where to park my car. There is a little driveway in front of the hotel, so I pulled in to inquire. I was immediately greeted by the front desk attendant ... so pleasant! She explained that they would be happy to valet my car at no charge, and all I had to do was call a few minutes before I needed it again.

I was quickly checked in to my room, and was given a brief overview of the hotel and the amenities offered during my stay.

The room was lovely, beautifully appointed and super clean. The room had 2 beds with pretty linens. The bed was so comfortable with plenty of fluffy pillows and soft sheets. The room also had a small kitchen area and a work desk area. The wifi was excellent and included in the price of the room.

The bathroom was huge! All necessities were provided, and if you forgot anything, all you needed to do was ask. They even left a little rubber duck in the shower to keep me company.

I ate a delicious complementary breakfast in the morning. The coffee was so good!!

I needed my car in the morning. I called 5 minutes before I planned to depart, and my car was waiting for me as I stepped off the elevator.

I can't say enough about the staff ... everyone was super friendly and helpful. I was not familiar with the area, and I was given great directions and restaurant recommendations.

Overall ... this was one of the best stays I have ever had in a hotel. Kudos to the Jefferson Clinton and their staff!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Kappa1991
JCHGM, General Manager at Jefferson Clinton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2015

Dear Kappa1991,

Thank you so much for staying with us and leaving such a wonderful review. We are all so happy you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your mention of our staff, everyone really works hard to make sure our guests have a great experience. We appreciate your recognition.
We hope you'll visit us again.

Reviewed 11 November 2015

I have had two excellent stays at this hotel. It is a redone historic building. Other than a slow elevator, one would think it was a modern hotel with a old feel about it. But, from the TV to the free DVDs and popcorn or from the amazing breakfast to the well furnished rooms- this place is really a great find. Found in the beautiful and gentrified Armory District of Syracuse, even walking outside is nice, interesting and great shops!

Don't forget either free parking in the private lot or free valet parking that is secure. Don't miss the rubber ducky in the tub or the free drinks at dinner hour.

Room Tip: Every room I have been in is great. Perhaps do not stay too high up, the elevator can be somewhat slow when busy.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ravavi
JCHGM, General Manager at Jefferson Clinton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2015

Dear Ravavi,

Thank you for visiting us again and leaving a review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and all that Armory Square has to offer. We hope you'll visit us again soon.

Reviewed 3 November 2015

As someone who's traveled quite a bit recently and, in turn, is pretty tired of staying in hotels...well, the Jefferson Clinton Hotel ended up as a delightful treat that was perfectly fit for my needs.

While I have a general idea of the area (I knew this place was near the MOST, at least), I have to admit that I'm not especially familiar with Syracuse. I did need a hotel for a one-night stay though and booked this hotel on Expedia after comparing reviews and prices. Ended up in room #801 with a lovely view of the Armory building right outside my windows.

Highlights:
- Complimentary valet service (which is awesome, considering parking in this area can be *such* a pain)
- Delightful and super helpful staff
- 5pm check-in times ALSO mean later check-out time of 2pm (love this, especially since I usually get to hotels later in the day)
- Great location near plenty of restaurants, cafes, pubs, or whatever else
- Very clean rooms (including a rubber ducky waiting in the shower, which was adorable, ad an in-room air purifier) and comfortable furniture.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Random bonus of DVD player in the room (and the TV is very good quality as well), and yes... you can get DVDs and popcorn in the lobby area
- Complimentary breakfast in the A.M. with made-to-order omelette station

Honestly, the folks staffing this place go out of their way to make sure anyone staying there is comfortable. I would absolutely stay here again. Fab hotel.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank tiggyvashti7

Dear Tiggyvashti7,

Thank you so much for being our guest and leaving such a nice review. We appreciate all the kind words about our staff. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of some of our amenities. We look forward to seeing you again.

Best Regards,