“Authentic, excellent food”

Cuisines: Indian
Description: Just opened
Description: Just opened
Reviewed 13 April 2017

We ordered samosas, vegetable curry, lamb curry, basmati rice and naan. All were great and authentic - so be careful of ordering 'spicy' or even 'medium spicy' dishes.

The dining room is clean and orderly. Service is very attentive.

Reviewed 7 April 2017

A few years ago we walked out of Dosa Grill without ordering because they kept us waiting way too long. We tried the restaurant again a couple of years later, and the service was better. The food was good, so we started going back. However, last week (late March 2017) we were kept waiting way too long. The attitude of the waiter was surly, rude and dismissive. The table and benches needed to be cleaned, and after waiting forever for water and a menu, we walked out, vowing never to frequent this lousy establishment.

Reviewed 1 March 2017

This place has consistently good Indian food, and many things not found at other restaurants. The service is always good and they also have a lunch buffet. One of our favorite Indian restaurants in town!

Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

My husband and I frequently visit Dosa Grill. My husband absolutely loves their food. Keep in mind, it is pretty heavy due to its preparation but tasty indeed!

Reviewed 19 January 2017

I shop at the Indian food market in the same plaza and have always wanted to eat at the Dosa Grill next-door. Finally one night I was in Syracuse with a friend and we agreed to end our day of shopping with a stop at the Dosa Grill at about 9 pm.

We had wonderful, friendly service and a clean, vibrant place to enjoy the meal. We took the buffet and added a bottle of red wine. The waiter assured us we would receive as many dosas as we wished as part of the buffet. I spent 3 months in Ithaca as a volunteer and loved them. I was so excited. But, they were lovely pancake shells with the tiniest blob of filling. They were so different in India, truly "filled."

Overall, though, a friendly place proud of their food. I enjoyed it.