“What Happenned?”

Peppino's Neapolitan
Reserve with OpenTable
Peppino's Neapolitan is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #101 of 780 Restaurants in Syracuse
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 10
Description: Neapolitan - With such extreme heat, and fast cooking times, these high quality cheeses, sauces, meats and veggies maintain their true taste, leading to an extremely flavorful pizza. Our crust is tasty, crispy, but still light, airy and tender, with a mild char taking pizza back to its original roots. Treat yourself to an all new pizza experience, Neapolitan Style!
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

We stopped in for lunch ordered three pizzas. The girl making our food seemed to occupied on her cell phone to be bothered. There was a small child running through the kitchen and the dining room. The cashier was very unfriendly. One of our pizzas was burned and when my mother asked for a new one we were told that " that's the style of the pizza". Will not return any time soon.

Date of visit: October 2018
KevinR5355, Guest Relations Manager at Peppino's Neapolitan, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2018

Hi Marie. I am so sorry you had this experience with our restaurant. Thank you for taking the time to post to make us aware of the situation. I would like to discuss this order with you to find out what went wrong and so we can improve in the future. We strive for 100% customer satisfaction and this is unacceptable. Would you be willing to e-mail me at kevin@mypeppinos.com at your convenience?

Reviewed 24 September 2018

We stopped into this trendy “mainly-pizza” restaurant in Syracuse because the other restaurant we had wanted to try was super-crowded and unavailable. I must admit that I liked some parts of this restaurant more than others. It was also very crowded, but it’s located in a trendy part of town that has late-night diners strolling around looking for a place to eat. We had about a 10-15 minute wait for a table, which is about what they had estimated when we got there. They gave us a free appetizer of bread with a pimento spread. The spread was good, but the brad itself had way too much oil without much of a taste on its own. I ordered a shrimp and artichoke heart pizza, which I must admit didn’t tickle my palate very much. It just didn’t have a lot of taste to me. However, when I added some salt to it, the pizza came to life a bit more. One other turn-off to me was the fact that they only had one bathroom, for both men and women, and it was not clean. Oh well. Back to the food comments, my wife and daughter enjoyed their entrees, so perhaps it was just me. Personally, I would go back there again in the future, but I’d probably try some of the other local restaurants first.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

I felt I had to comment on the previous post as I was there with my family as well the said evening. That is not how I remember what was said occurred. I believe they turned away people because there was not room and they were put on a waiting list possibly? My husband and I have been coming here frequently and Lisa has waited in us and she has always been very attentive to us. If I remember correctly the couple that she told the food was in them waited 45 minutes for pizza because the cook " left the line". We overheard this conversation in the kitchen from the bar area. You and your family were very disrespectful to your server and she did nothing but try to please everyone at your table. If you didn't want your 10 year old to not hear swearing maybe you shouldn't take him out in armory square at 930 at night. This isn't the mall. Also the guys at the bar ordered coffee from what I could see so maybe next time when you visit a restaurant you mind your own business. As far as the restaurant the food is amazing our pizza is always cooked to perfection and the visuvious is our favorite appetizer!!!! Kudos to the owner and Lisa for always showing us that you genuinely care.

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

Oh my god! What happened? They must be to busy at fair and sent the F staff in. John, really? Been coming since opened, worst night ever tonight. Stay away, oh wait you don’t have to because they have turned 3 parties away. Total mess and they are serving 4 drunk guys at bar and our vacant server Lisa is trying to get picked up and while ignoring us 3 tables left and she has to tell everyone it’s on the house.Wow stay away until she is gone. Hope John has good liquor liability for the drunk guys she is serving that are dropping FBombs and talking about sex acts in front of our 10 year old.

Date of visit: September 2018

Hi Jeff, I am so sorry you had this experience with our restaurant. This is far from the intended experience at Peppino's, we strive to wow each and every customer. I would like the opportunity to discuss this with you so we can address and make the proper adjustments. Would you please contact me at kevin@mypeppinos.com or call 315-422-2395 and ask for Kevin? Thank you and again, we can't apologize enough for this.

Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

We loved the Aglii e Olio white pizza and San Gennaro pizzas. So delicious we will be back! Cannolis are superb with a great pistachio flavor! Devoured them before we could snap a photo! Great service and very friendly staff! Highly recommend.

Date of visit: August 2018