Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline$78
BestWestern.com$78
Expedia.com$78
Hotels.com$78
Travelocity$78
Lol.travel$94
All reviews fair grounds room was clean new york ny state stay there again lakeview concert amphitheater highway
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 September 2022

We stayed there to attend NYS Fair at Syracuse. I booked in my name and had fallen at home so added my daughters name also to reservation I was able to go. When checked it was under daughters name. I was asked for AARP card I said no booked under Senior Citizen which I gave him my License. I’m almost 70. Booked under Best Western Site. Says 55 & over gets a discount. My reservation confirmation from this hotel shows TOTAL WITH TAX $258.74. I just had checked my credit card statement after getting home And they had charged my account $310.49. I called hotel and I was told it was room tax That was a total $85.50 for room tax. room was not left in disarray. Just unkempt beds. This was a 1 night stay these rooms are an average $175.00 a night. We paid higher rates to attend NYS Fair. I decided to leave this bad review after reading other bad reviews about charges. I sent an email with my confirmed Confirmation and asked for a credit to my account. I will be contacting corporate and my credit card also
He had asked me to leave a review when checking out because were happy with the hotel. But this changed my mind completely There was a woman there that didn’t speak broken English and was the best worker this place has and we complimented her. I have never happened before in all my travels. I book at a price that is what I pay

Date of stay: September 2022
Dhaval Patel, General Manager at Best Western The Inn at the Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2022

sorry for your stay not enjoyable

Reviewed 5 August 2022

Paid $252 for a room I couldn't even check into at 6PM a night. Checked in after going to a concert. Breakfast was missing multiple items. No one seemed to care or be able to do anything about it. Manager was on vacation. Was given the run around when attempting to address the check in issue. Bed was wicked uncomfortable. Will never stay here again. Proximity to lakeview amphitheater is not worth an over priced bad nights sleep. We'll uber from Marriott next time.

Date of stay: August 2022
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Dhaval Patel, General Manager at Best Western The Inn at the Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2022

sorry for your stay was not enjoyable we can better assist you your nest stay

Reviewed 27 July 2022 via mobile

The hotel is in the middle of no where. It is close to the fair grounds but nothing is walkable. Room was clean but beds were horrible the mattresses need to be replaced. We had a room with 2 queen beds and both were miserably uncomfortable the one had such a huge divot the I kept rolling into it. Hotel was quiet. Breakfast was below average for a best western. The price was good but I would not chose this hotel again if on the area.

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

sorry for your stay was not enjoyable plz give us a chance so we can better assist you

Reviewed 21 July 2022 via mobile

We arrived at hotel with confirmed reservation for 3 nights. On giving our name the woman at desk (she had no name tag), started waving our check- in paper saying we would not get the room for that price. We gave our conf#, and she adamantly refused to listen to us. She had the general manager Dave Patel come to desk, and he was so arrogant and rude informing us Booking.com's problem, we were not getting our room for confirmed price. He said we had to call Booking.com. Booking com confirmed we had that rate, but it made no difference. We were left with no room,no apology, just a real bad taste for this particular hotel. There was another group of 3 trying to check in with the same problem, and same unacceptable lack of response. The disdain we were treated with was very upsetting.We have contacted Booking.com, and are awaiting their reply.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Dhaval Patel, General Manager at Best Western The Inn at the Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2022

sorry for your stay was not enjoyable plz give us chance so we can better assist you next stay

Reviewed 5 July 2022

We booked this hotel for the location to the fairground and called to confirm it was okay to park. Not only where we told on checkout we would be towed but the management hung up on me when I tried to call and speak with someone about the mix up. Horrible service - unbelievable.

Date of stay: July 2022
Jamie Hansen, Owner at Best Western The Inn at the Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2022

Thank you for the comments regarding your recent stay with us.

We are sorry that we were unable to meet your expectations during your stay. Guest satisfaction is something we strive for every day and your feedback is very much appreciated. Please know we use all feedback, both positive and constructive when reviewing the services and accommodations we provide to our guests.

If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to let us know.