“Spooky alley and stairway down.”
Review of Funk 'n Waffles

Funk 'n Waffles
Ranked #40 of 768 Restaurants in Syracuse
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 15
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 1 November 2016

Be brave, go down the alley and down the, ick, don't touch anything, stairway and you will end up in Funk 'n Waffles. Everything here is made to order. It is extremely popular with the University crowd and deservedly so. The savory waffle I had was delicious. They gave me a pager due to the wait, but a table was available, (seat yourself) so I took my beer and did some work while waiting. An hour and 15 min later (they did tell me the wait would be that long), my pager lit up any I picked up my food, located the utensils and napkins and dug in. I had the "Jive Turkey" waffle. A waffle made with stuffing, loaded with mashed potatoes, smoked turkey, gravy and cranberry sauce on the side. 1/4 waffle is the size I ordered and more than enough to fill me up.

I definitely recommend this place, just know, you may wait when they are busy. But they are honest and serve great waffles!

Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

During my son's parents weekend at ESF we came across an old bar I remember from my college day's 30 or years ago. I can recall the name of the bar off Marshall Street -Sutter's Mill. It has been turned into a waffle place called Funk 'n waffles and it has been advertised on the Food Network. It lived up to the billing great inventive variety for your waffles. My wife and I had the chocolate chip it was great. Cool atmosphere I still remember the stage and the bar from back in the day. Great place for a brunch with a large group/ recommend it.

Reviewed 7 October 2016

Only minutes by foot from the Syracuse University campus this Guy Fieri Triple D basement level spot delivers unique and tasty waffles. My son had the Falafel Waffle and I had Chocolate City and we both enjoyed them very much. I would have gone for the signature Chicken (wings!) and Waffles but I had a long run planned later in the day so went with Chocolate City. Service is timely and all items are made to order and they are happy to customize as needed. This was my fourth Triple D spot and my son's third and with Guy you usually can't miss and this is another case where the restaurant and the scenery are as much fun as the food. In addition to 20 or so waffle choices they also have sandwiches and salads so no matter who you go with they should find something that pleases!

Reviewed 22 September 2016 via mobile

Saw on DDD ages ago, double checked on Tripadvisor that it was still a destination. Came for lunch on a Wednesday. Warmly greeted the second we walked in. My boyfriend and I both ordered the Bootsy Brunch waffles, bacon, eggs, cheddar on waffles. Could smell the waffles being made. When they were ready, we questioned whether or not we would be able to finish each plate. Needless to say, plates were clean. When I brought the plates back up, the gentleman who took our order, who was eating his own lunch, asked how we liked the food. We told him how awesome they were and he seemed genuinely happy. We started talking to him, turns out he is the owner, Adam. Very friendly, engaging, and enjoys what he does. Couldn't ask for a better experience. It was so good, we went back later for a snack! Definitely plan ahead, I can see how this place would be a mob scene on the weekends.

Reviewed 27 August 2016

We came for lunch after church on Sunday. It was a challenge finding the place since we are from VA but, a little walking helped to increase the appetite. We got the chicken and waffles and the Jive Turkey. We were totally satisfied with our food. Good thing we opted for the half orders.