“A treat.”
Review of Bada Sushi

Bada Sushi
Ranked #6 of 62 Restaurants in Suffern
Reviewed 4 February 2018

The food is felt in your mouth excellent. The food presentation is so beautiful, and it tastes as amazing as it looks and so fresh. We were very happy to find a veggie roll that had no rice. The service was excellent and they have a very nice wine list and a full bar.

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

While the food is good here, the manners of the management leaves much to be desired. My wife's birthday was yesterday, but due to a blizzard, I could not take her out to dinner as I have done every year. It was bitterly cold and windy, but we wanted to celebrate her birthday, so at about 11:45 today, I called to make sure they were open, so I could take her there for lunch. This is her favorite Japanese restaurant. I spoke to a gentleman who spoke decent English to verify they were open, since the area in front of the restaurant had not been plowed and the municipal lot behind their building had many patches of ice. I also asked if there was a rear door from the parking lot to their building, since many of the businesses on that block have front entrances on Route 59 and rear entrances to that lot. The gentleman said they were open and there was a rear door. We made our way across the ice laden lot with strong winds blowing & single digit temperatures. We got to the rear door of the building, but it does not go into the restaurant. The restaurant is on what I thought was the first floor of the building, which houses other businesses, but when you park in the rear lot, THAT is the first floor & the restaurant is on the second floor. However, there is no door to the restaurant from the interior of the building, you must exit the building and walk down a ways to the front door of the restaurant. When we did so, the door was locked. This despite their sign said they opened at 11:30 and the man on the phone said they were open. No one came to the door when we knocked on it, so we had to retrace our steps and go back through the building, down to the first floor and slide on the ice, back to our car. Great way to treat the public! All was not lost however, we called and went to Nagoya Japanese restaurant in Mahwah, who actually were open as they said they were on the phone. My wife had her sushi and said it was MUCH better than the sushi she had been getting at Bada Sushi, so we will NOT be returning. Thank you for helping us to find a new BETTER restaurant.

1  Thank Robert V
David K, Manager at Bada Sushi, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2018

Thanks for the feedback Robert. It's disappointing to hear from you. Your experience was certainly not typical for us. I hope you'll give us another chance to impress you.

Reviewed 9 December 2017

First time there. My granddaughters favorite sushi restaurant. Though me and my wife are not full sushi fans, they had alternate choices that were excellent. My wife shrimp teriyaki and I had a beef dish that were both out of this world. The service was great.
Will definitely return and bring friends. Went on a Friday evening and even though we did not have reservations, we were immediately seated. Next time will make reservation.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Always have to be careful when getting sushi, but this place consistently delivers and will not disappoint. Atmosphere is great and staff is super nice. Very reasonably priced for the quality paid.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

First time at this restaurant. Food was good. Great atmosphere. Lots of menu choices.
My favorite was the sauteed vegetables.

David K, Manager at Bada Sushi, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Thanks for your feedback John. We pride ourselves serving fresh fish with innovative touch to create our own cuisine, at the same time, following the traditional concept of Sushi. We invite you back to try our main courses as well.