US$ 223
HIExpress.com
US$ 160
GardenInn.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 180/night.

Danford's Hotel & Marina(Port Jefferson)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$ 256
US$ 175
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 204/night.

US$ 125
Hotels.com
US$ 244
US$ 219
Orbitz.com
All reviewsthe cottagesroeduck pondthe main housenew englandfantastic wedding venuehot breakfast buffetlong islandsitting areacaesar saladfine restaurantcocktail hourpath leadingclean floorguest housetoilet seatnorth shore
Reviewed 9 July 2017

At the Inn for a family wedding. Calling a run down room a "Rustic Cottage" is stretching the truth. For $200, I expected a clean floor and tub, at the very least. Someone had obviously used a spray make up prior to our stay, since our feet were "stained" and left footprints in the tub. The sink area had old cigarette burns and the bowl was chipped and cracked. There was not even real wood flooring, just laminate. There is an air-conditioner that sounded like a jet taking off all night long and the room was barely large enough for two average sized adults to pass each other. If I walked into a Super 8 and saw this room, I would have walked out. Calling something quaint doesn't really give free reign for neglect. Another member of our party was staying in the main house and you couldn't even get up off the toilet bowl without ducking your head or you'd hit it on the ceiling and you had to step over 18" of bathtub to enter the shower, where, again, you had to be a "little person" to actually stand in it. Very disappointed!
Also there is NO cell phone reception in the immediate area of the Inn....something you should probably be informed of when making a reservation. We had kids at home that we needed to check up on.....not easy when there is no phone reception.

Room Tip: Ask for room features/problems when making reservation
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Heidi J
Daniel L, General Manager at Three Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Dear Heidi J,

We are truly sorry that you were disappointed in your stay, we generally deliver guests a positive experience, and we let you down. I have taken all of your remarks to our team and we have made any and all adjustments needed to ensure that we do not disappoint a guest like this again. We do appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts with our team.

Sincerely

Reviewed 7 July 2017

We had a very nice overnight stay at the Three Village Inn. We were a little hesitant to stay here due to some of the negative reviews on Tripadvisor. The guest rooms have all been nicely renovated since those reviews. We stayed in Brewster Cottage #16. It is spacious and very comfortable. We loved the large picture windows in the living room that overlook the harbor. It has 1 1/2 bathrooms, a gas fireplace in the bedroom, and comfy king bed.
The staff was so helpful and nice from check in till check out. The complementary
hot breakfast buffet in Mirabelle Tavern, was so delicious and we liked the ambiance of the Tavern room. The inn is historical, and has lovely grounds and views. If you stay here don't forget to do the Avalon trail around the duck pond. Port Jeff is just a short drive away for scenic harbor, shops, and restaurants. We will be back to stay at the Inn around Christmas to enjoy the decorations.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Daniel L, General Manager at Three Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2017

Dear Lizard234,

Thank you for choosing to stay with at Three Three Village Inn, We do understand that there are many options for hotels and are glad that you had such a nice stay with us.
Our Staff takes great pride in our hospitality, always striving to be Remarkable.
We appreciate the kind remarks and do look forward to having you visit us again for our festive holidays. The Stonybrook Village offers a variety of attractions, restaurants, museums, including the recent addition of THe Jazz Loft museum, The WMHO Educational Cultural & performance center as well as outdoor activities all year round.

Best Regards, Dan

Reviewed 25 June 2017

Stayed in Strong Cottage. Room was small but well appointed and very clean. If you don't like firm hard pillows I would suggest you bring your own. It was a nice room quiet, even with two young children in the next room. There are larger rooms available but this room met our needs for the couple of days we were there. Everyone at the hotel was quite pleasant and helpful. Breakfast provided was a buffet and was good. I would definitely stay again and I am planning to. Next to boats in the water and across from a shopping area with a variety of eating venues.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Daniel L, General Manager at Three Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Dear Guest,

We thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to the Three Village Area.
Thank you for your kind remarks, please let us know when you plan to visit next and we will be sure to have some soft pillows available to you. Safe travels to all.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 2 June 2017

REALLY charming and great service, the people who said bad things about it, I don't understand. It's gorgeous and very quaint. Clean and with lots of character. It's just not modern and cold like chain hotels. Very romantic setting too. I think it's wonderful. I really recommend it!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Daniel L, General Manager at Three Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2017

Hi Deb K,
We thank you for staying with us and are charmed that you had a pleasant stay. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon. We always do our best in hospitality to assure our guests have a great stay no matter the situation. It feels nice to be appreciated.

Best Regards, Dan

Reviewed 9 April 2017

Let me start off by saying that for the price I paid for this place, it should have been shangri-la. It was not. I was on Long Island mid-week for a funeral and booked my stay here because almost 18 years prior I had my wedding shower there and I had not been back since. I checked in later in the evening and the gentleman at the front desk was pleasant enough. I drove to my cottage (22) and let myself in. On first glance, I thought, hey, this is pretty cool. There was a nice gas fireplace and a sitting area, a flat screen TV and separate bathroom. The room was relatively clean, and by relatively I mean when I started looking closely the bed had bits of dirt/tree bark? on the sheets and the wall had something reddish smeared on it.

Then it got even better... the TV did not work. I am a very smart person with the amazing ability to turn on a TV. It didn't turn work. Also beware, you cannot get any good cell reception here. Spotty at best and at one point I had none at all. I was traveling alone and this was disconcerting.

The bed, for about $200 a night was rickety and squeaky and was not comfortable. Some would say quaint, I would say back spasm...I kept hearing something turning on and off all night which woke me up, and there was a huge storm that also woke me up because the head of the bed is up against an outside wall and it is apparently so thin you can hear every rain drop hit the building. OK, they can't control the weather... but seriously, not a very restful sleep.

Fortunately, in the morning I had read by sheer happenstance the little packet of info...and hidden inside was a card that said I got a free breakfast. No mention of that on check in or even where that was. When I went to the main building for what I assumed was breakfast, Larry, Darryl and Darryl were there and I checked out and told them the issues I had with the room. Now mind you, it would have probably not been that big a deal if I hadn't paid such a large sum for one night. But alas, I was met with a sentiment of well that's too bad, sucks to be you... He didn't say this but his attitude implied it. When I asked about the breakfast and what kind it was (hot breakfast or cold cereal? - to determine if it was worth it to stay) the other guy sarcastically said there are menus. That made me angry. Also, I had a lack of sleep.

I ordered the one of two things on the menu that was included in the hotel room and it was not great. The toast was dry and I almost chipped a tooth, no butter was served. My brother who met me there to drive to the funeral together didn't even get his toast...probably better off. His eggs were dead so no toast needed. It also came with Challah french toast. Never saw that either. WE WERE THE ONLY PEOPLE THERE.... Could have something to do with the fact that the front desk guy was also our waiter... Maybe...

There is no excuse for this. I would have given them a pass if it didn't cost me my first born, and saying it was "average" is being generous. I am literally staying in Vienna, Austria in the King's former guest house in June for much less money.

Never again.