“Wonderful romantic style quaint New England style place”
Review of Three Village Inn

Three Village Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Stony Brook
Reviewed 2 June 2017

REALLY charming and great service, the people who said bad things about it, I don't understand. It's gorgeous and very quaint. Clean and with lots of character. It's just not modern and cold like chain hotels. Very romantic setting too. I think it's wonderful. I really recommend it!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Daniel L, General Manager at Three Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2017

Hi Deb K,
We thank you for staying with us and are charmed that you had a pleasant stay. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon. We always do our best in hospitality to assure our guests have a great stay no matter the situation. It feels nice to be appreciated.

Best Regards, Dan

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Three Village Inn

Reviewed 9 April 2017

Let me start off by saying that for the price I paid for this place, it should have been shangri-la. It was not. I was on Long Island mid-week for a funeral and booked my stay here because almost 18 years prior I had my wedding shower there and I had not been back since. I checked in later in the evening and the gentleman at the front desk was pleasant enough. I drove to my cottage (22) and let myself in. On first glance, I thought, hey, this is pretty cool. There was a nice gas fireplace and a sitting area, a flat screen TV and separate bathroom. The room was relatively clean, and by relatively I mean when I started looking closely the bed had bits of dirt/tree bark? on the sheets and the wall had something reddish smeared on it.

Then it got even better... the TV did not work. I am a very smart person with the amazing ability to turn on a TV. It didn't turn work. Also beware, you cannot get any good cell reception here. Spotty at best and at one point I had none at all. I was traveling alone and this was disconcerting.

The bed, for about $200 a night was rickety and squeaky and was not comfortable. Some would say quaint, I would say back spasm...I kept hearing something turning on and off all night which woke me up, and there was a huge storm that also woke me up because the head of the bed is up against an outside wall and it is apparently so thin you can hear every rain drop hit the building. OK, they can't control the weather... but seriously, not a very restful sleep.

Fortunately, in the morning I had read by sheer happenstance the little packet of info...and hidden inside was a card that said I got a free breakfast. No mention of that on check in or even where that was. When I went to the main building for what I assumed was breakfast, Larry, Darryl and Darryl were there and I checked out and told them the issues I had with the room. Now mind you, it would have probably not been that big a deal if I hadn't paid such a large sum for one night. But alas, I was met with a sentiment of well that's too bad, sucks to be you... He didn't say this but his attitude implied it. When I asked about the breakfast and what kind it was (hot breakfast or cold cereal? - to determine if it was worth it to stay) the other guy sarcastically said there are menus. That made me angry. Also, I had a lack of sleep.

I ordered the one of two things on the menu that was included in the hotel room and it was not great. The toast was dry and I almost chipped a tooth, no butter was served. My brother who met me there to drive to the funeral together didn't even get his toast...probably better off. His eggs were dead so no toast needed. It also came with Challah french toast. Never saw that either. WE WERE THE ONLY PEOPLE THERE.... Could have something to do with the fact that the front desk guy was also our waiter... Maybe...

There is no excuse for this. I would have given them a pass if it didn't cost me my first born, and saying it was "average" is being generous. I am literally staying in Vienna, Austria in the King's former guest house in June for much less money.

Never again.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
8  Thank Marbacca
Reviewed 18 March 2017

Our niece was married there and it was very nice, The set up for the service was a little plain. The reception area was very nice, but the rooms are broken up and they only had one bar, two might have been better. The food was excellent with a very nice variety and plenty of it. The dinner itself was very nice and again the food was very good, but maybe too much food. The reception selections were fabulous and dinner was overkill. They didn't have the timing down well and coffee and dessert were on the late side. The breakfast the next day was excellent as were the staff. I'm sure the breakfast, lunch, and dinners that they serve would be lovely.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Richard F
Daniel L, General Manager at Three Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2017

We are so glad that you had the occasion to celebrate your niece's wedding here at Mirabelle and Three Village Inn. We wish a heartfelt congratulations to both families!
Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions with us it is always helpful to get feedback from our guests. We wish you safe travels and hope that you can visit with us again soon.

Cheers!

Reviewed 7 March 2017

We love, love, love TVI! We booked our wedding and room block here, so we thought it would be a good idea to stay over before the wedding to get the full experience of the Inn. Everything was great, especially breakfast in the morning! The hotel staff was very good with working with us during our wedding planning process. They kept in consistent contact with us about any room block updates and also made sure all of our answers were answered. We highly recommend TVI and Mirabelle restaurant!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank danisally
Daniel L, General Manager at Three Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2017

Thank you very much for the kind remarks, we take great pride in providing Remarkable Hospitality to our guests. We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

I have stayed at the inn several times, always in one of the suites or better rooms. On our last visit we just wanted a quick overnight out and stayed in the $179 room in the Strong building.
I am amazed that this classy inn would have these old shabby rooms
The building houses 4 rooms, like beach motel rooms. Screen door, you walk in the bed is right there, sparse old table and chair. A cut out space in the wall is the closet. The sink is on the bedroom, across from the old bathroom. Toilet seat chipping, towel rack falling off the wall, as was the curtain rod.
We then switched to a suite which is beautiful, view of the bay, living area with bar area, fridge, big bathroom, and bedroom.
David at the front desk could not have been nicer.
The breakfast was not very good or worth getting up for. The eggs were in steam table, getting hard. The sausages and bacon were dried out and over cooked. No muffins or toast.
Just surprised a place that prides them self on food, put out a sad breakfast.
Still gave them 5 stars because the final room and experience was great

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay with us.
We have addressed the maintenance issues in the Strong Cottage Room as soon as we were made aware. I do apologize that our breakfast was less than its usual quality, as you see from other reviews it usually a pleasant experience. We hope to make it up to make it up to you on your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stony Brook
12.8 km away
Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia
15.0 km away
Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven

Been to Three Village Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK