“Didn't order right - Will visit and try again”
Review of Cole's Dock Side

Cole's Dock Side
Ranked #45 of 1,006 Restaurants in Staten Island
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 July 2017

My husband and I visited the restaurant on July 10 . I had two appetizers for my meal and my husband, who doesn't eat seafood, ordered the filet mignon. My two appetizers, mussel with white sauce and steamers were disappointing. The meat in the mussels were very small like the size of my thumbnail. The steamers were even more disappointing given the price. I was charged $16.95 for a small portion of steamer the size of a cereal bowl. I'm a small eater and wanted a variety of shellfish. My selections were overpriced and I left there hungry.

My husband had the filet mignon with melted gorganzola cheese was tasty and tender. He enjoyed his meal.

As I was watching the dishes come out of the kitchen I realized that the pasta dishes were huge and looked very delicious !

I realized that I should've read the reviews before ordering - (it was a spontaneous decision to eat there) and I will definitely give Cole's Dock Side another try.

Although the restaurant is along the dock, the view isn't much. The restaurant isn't on the dock and is set in further. There were trucks and other obstructions blocking the view of the water.

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

I go to Coles periodically. They are consistently good. I am not a fan of steamers, but my husband says thet are always fresh and delicious. Their Calamari is out of this world. Never chewy. Wait staff is friendly. They have a prix fixed menu for lunch. Ya gotta go!!

Reviewed 5 July 2017

Took a friend there for her birthday. It was a Friday afternoon, beautiful day the view of the ocean was lovely. Service was good. I had soft shell crab, it was delicious, well cooked with a salad on the side since I didnt want the french fries. Salad was fresh and the dressing was very good. My friend had the stuffed flounder which she enjoyed. It was stuffed with various seafood. Would go there again when I am in the area. Enjoyed the meal very much

Reviewed 26 June 2017

Great menu and wine list. They offer a 4 course, fixed price meal with bottle of wine for good price. Place was packed on a Wednesday night, so food was a little slow coming out. Service was great.

Reviewed 4 March 2017

The best waiters with personal service, drinks flowing,great atmosphere across the street from the marina with waterfront views. They always have a caught fresh fish selection cooked in different styles that are all excellent. Highly recommend to sit at bar and get a magic show with your meal. (Staten Island secret)

1  Thank Richard S