“Pleasant Surprise”

Ranked #14 of 1,005 Restaurants in Staten Island
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 26 August 2017

We had not been to this restaurant in many years so when invited out we thought why not. As you may know, its a seasonal restaurant, so we visited on a Saturday evening.
The place looks like they gave it a fresh coat of paint and it was indeed nice. However, the food was exceptional which was quite a surprise. Service was excellent as well.
A real homey atmosphere. My husband had the duck which he loved , with figs and I had the scallops which were succulent. A definite revisit is warranted!

Reviewed 16 August 2017

My mom picked this little gem for her 80th birthday dinner. We loved everything about it. The owner met my husband & I outside because we were admiring his scooter outside.

We started with zucchini blossoms from their garden, fresh mozzarella salad, baked clams & fried calamari. For dinner I had a special shrimp, linguine & arugula dish that was delicious and my husband had the branzino. Everything was delicious and everyone raved about their food.

I would highly recommend if you want great food with a family feel, go to Basilio.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

Although we lived on Staten Island for 8 years, we never visited Basilio Inn during the time we were residents. We did just meet a friend there for dinner while on a two day visit to NYC, and wow, are we glad we did! Friendly service, good cocktails, nice wine recommendation, extensive menu. We had a wonderful meal and enjoyed every minute of our visit. It is just ironic that we lived there all those years and never set foot in this restaurant during that time. This restaurant has an interesting history, opening in 1921 and located in a carriage house built in 1850. There's even a bocci court!

Reviewed 7 July 2017

My cousins and I visited Basilio's Restaurant last week and we all totally enjoyed it. Maurice is a wonderful host and it's always a pleasure to visit this wonderful, unique restaurant. My former bosses introduced me to Basilio's over 30 years ago and I have enjoyed the food, the friendliness and the wine ever since. Home grown vegetables are just an added pleasure when dining here. You can see the squash flowers blooming while parking your car in the lot. Get there early for them though as they go FAST!!!

Reviewed 25 May 2017

Five of us went to Basilio's Tuesday night. I had to pick the restaurant and I am glad I picked Basilio's. We all ordered different appetizers and entrees and all were excellent. Service was helpful and pleasant. We had a good night and I would recommend this place to others.