All reviewsferry ridecoast guardsmall kitchenfort wadsworthyogurtnew yorkmain gatemetro cardcan't beat the pricefull size fridgelady libertyverrazano bridgebare bonesburner stoveconey islandnyc tripquiet at night
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

Not the first time using this facility. This time with the family, their room Kitchenette was leaking under the sink. When reported to front desk, answer was they will look at it the next morning. Maintenance personal we’re not available at all. Also, bedding was extremely smelly. It was late so we didn’t bother to request sheet change. My wife had to spray some of her perfume to being able to sleep without the nasty smelly pillows.
On good side, breakfast got better.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Jennifer S, General Manager at Navy Lodge New York, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Hello,

I've sent you a personal email to the address we had on file in our reservation system. Please reach out to me personally so we can discuss this further per my email notes.

I do apologize, but hope to hear from you when you have time.

Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

Reasonable Rates! Superior Staff who are friendly and helpful. Clean rooms, with Kitchen. Beds are comfortable. Shower water hot! This place is a great launching point for trips into the City. A short drive to Manhattan Ferry. This is our 7 th December visit to the Navy Lodge on Staten Island. If visiting, explore the Fort. Great evening walking!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank donaldfd
Jennifer S, General Manager at Navy Lodge New York, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Hello,

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding the Lodge and staff. We are all very happy that you enjoyed your time while visiting New York, and very thrilled that you have become such a great repeat customer!

We will definitely look forward to your next visit.

We wish you a very Merry Christmas.

Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

My wife and I decided to take a long weekend to Staten Island. We had never been there before and looked forward to the adventure. Navy Lodge was very easy to find and not far from the main gate, walking distance really. The lodge was apparently an older building but well kept. The room was very neat and comfortable. Bathrooms very clean as well. We did meet the manager and she was so nice. She shared with us her plans to improve the back of the property to make it a more comfortable sitting area. Transportation to all the boroughs was very easy. You can drive, take the bus and train or the bus to the ferry. We took the bus into Brooklyn and then the subway train to Coney Island and yes it is still open. Even some of the rides were operating that late in the season. It was a wonderful day walking along the boardwalk and the beach at Coney Island. The NYC Aquarium is also there. The subway is not the subway of the 70's. We felt safe and it was relatively clean for a subway station. It's a lot different from the 70s and 80,s. We brought our bikes with us to Staten Island and parked our car down the road on the coastguard station in a nice parking area and road the path along the beach that leads to the Boardwalk. It was a beautiful bike ride along the beach shoreline and the boardwalk does have a bike lane. We road from end to end and lived it. The Navy lodge is situated on a Coast Guard station with a very nice beach that faces the Verrazano bridge. We took our carry chairs and went back to that parking lot and walked the path to the beach and enjoyed the night sky watching the waves and the lit up bridge. It was a very nice stay. I'll go back to Navy Lodge Staten Island in a New York minute.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

You can't beat the price when visiting NYC. The staff is very friendly. The room was neat and comfortable. They provide a continental breakfast in the morning. Free parking. This is a great resource for visiting my family in the city. We caught the bus and saved on tolls/ city parking. Excellent!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Jennifer S, General Manager at Navy Lodge New York, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Hello,

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us during your visit to New York. We are always happy to receive comments that keep the staff motivated and are eager to keep improving. We hope you will get a chance to come back and visit us again!

Reviewed 12 November 2017

Let me start by saying that I've stayed in plenty of military lodging facilities. I know what to expect. Bare bones, but usually clean facilities, with the occasional outdated quirk. This was no different, but there are a couple things to consider.

First of all, whoever bought the lightbulbs for the building was cheap and didn't know about color usage. The lighting is dim and harsh white. I'd describe it as "kinda murdery."

Secondly, the internet connection was atrocious. It's limited to about 5 megs, but patrons are offered the chance to pay for a faster rate upgrade. This is advertised at the front desk, common areas, and in the room. However, calling the number to request a higher speed results in being informed that only applies to Navy barracks, and not in Navy Lodge facilities.

Therefore, we were unable to complete work items in our rooms or in the building due to low-bandwidth. I cannot recommend this building for federal employees or military members who need to telework.

Overall the rooms are well kept, clean, and comfortable. The laundry facilities were good. The staff was friendly and offered great tips about the area to include restaurants and stores.

Unfortunately, my next business trip to Staten Island will mean using a different hotel unless the Navy Lodge fixes their internet connection.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Hello,

I am sorry that you were not comfortable with some of the aspects of the building and internet connection during your stay. We do strive to make our guests happy, so we try to do what we can for them. I wanted to inform you that our lodges are equipped with a certain number of rooms with hard-wire internet capabilities. If you do choose to stay with us again, please be sure to mention that you require this assistance at the time of making your reservation and we will arrange to place you in one of these rooms.

As for the lighting, we do follow a guideline for our products, and I do take all comments and feedback criteria into consideration when looking for ways to improve our guest's experiences. This includes sharing this information with my Regional Director and the rest of our Headquarters team.

I do hope that you will reconsider staying with us if you visit New York in the future, and appreciate your feedback.