All reviews front desk rooms are small new york cruise terminal the king size bed would stay again free shuttle breakfast room the holiday inn hot breakfast yogurt waffle maker breakfast staff beds were comfortable minute drive clean hotel parking lot
Reviewed 14 August 2018

It is in a quiet area, about a half hours drive to/from the Staten Island ferry. They do offer a shuttle but the last shuttle from the ferry is 9pm and we knew we would be later than that so we did not utilize the ferry. Breakfast was decent. I can't eat gluten but they had yogurt and hard boiled eggs plus sausage and eggs one morning then bacon and eggs the next. They also had many other things that my family enjoyed. We were given breakfast coupons upon checkin but they never collected them. Didn't bother us either way, we just kind of wondered why they would give out coupons if they weren't going to collect. The rooms are small but I had read reviews and expected it so I was not surprised and I didn't mind. We had a corner room with 2 queen beds and our room seemed a little smaller than my mom's room with 2 queen beds not in a corner. The corner rooms are also right by the stairway so I could hear the slamming of the stairway door starting at 5am. If I were to stay again I would request a room that was not a corner room. There isn't a ton of parking right by the hotel but we were told me we could in any space at any of the 3 hotels right next to each other. So we parked at another hotel and walked the short distance to our hotel. It worked out fine.

Room Tip: Non-corner room
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
HI Express S, Manager at Comfort Inn Staten Island, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Dear nolan1123,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are delighted we had the opportunity to serve you and your family while here on the island. We appreciate your comments to help our future guest and we look forward to accommodating you in the future with an even better overall experience!

Reviewed 3 August 2018

We arrived at midnite after a long day of driving, exhausted and just wanted to sleep. The room was nothing more than a closetless tiny room with a Queen bed NOT a King that we paid for!!!! The bathroom had no place for more than 1 person to put toiletries. The pictures showed a mini fridge and microwave, there was none to be found.

Sunday we did get housekeeping in but monday after being gone all day for an emotionally exhausting day of burying my father we found the bed unmade and not a dry towel to be found. The front desk did send someone up with towels but I can't sleep in an unmade bed and hurt my back making it.

I can say we did get breakfast that was decent, coffee, bagels with cream cheese and scrambled eggs on sunday and monday but couldn't get in the room for even a cup of coffee on tuesday due to over crowding. the poor lady working the area was overwhelmed and the tables were so crowded that walking past a seated person was near impossible.

There are 2 other hotels next door, use one of them before going to this Comfort in.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
HI Express S, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Staten Island, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2018

Dear Laila G,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We want to extend our sincere apology for the issues experienced during your recent visit and also our condolences for your loss. Your satisfaction is extremely important to us and we appreciate your comments so that they may be forwarded to all the involved departments. We will ensure no other guest have the issues experienced. Due to our location as a New York City property the rooms are on the smaller side, but we try to make up for this with great service and convenient amenities. For future we can also provide a refrigerator and microwave free of charge prior to arrival when requested. We understand your impression, but we hope you would consider giving us another chance to provide a much better overall experience in the future.

Reviewed 1 August 2018

Clean, but small room. Excellent complimentary breakfast. HOWEVER. a 36% rate increase from last year to this year!!! Not really worth it any more. All emails to the management co., M&R Mgmt. in Great Neck, to complain about the ludicrous increase, were returned as undelivered.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Charles L
Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

I booked this last minute due to a layover and was very pleased with the standard of the hotel. I availed of the free shuttle service from the hotel to the ferry and thought this was a brilliant idea! Would certainly stay again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
HI Express S, Manager at Comfort Inn Staten Island, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2018

Dear Niamhyosa,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and our complimentary shuttle service to the Staten Island ferry was convenient for your trip! We look forward to seeing you again soon for an even better overall experience.

Best Regards,
Maria Sorrentino
Area Sales Manager

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

May 4th and 5th stayed with my husband.

Pros: Front desk workers were extremely nice and night security guard was also very helpful and friendly. That’s it....

Cons: Where do I start? Smallest room we have ever stayed in on Staten Island and we stay frequently our son attends college there. Bed definitely was not a king...our feet hung off. Two pillows not very good. Bed comforter had rust stains on it. Two towels, I requested two more and had to wait because none were available at the front desk. We did get them finally. Door in room 110? does not close securely, light all around door and every single noise all night long in hallway is loud and clear. Doors slamming constantly. Starting at about 5 AM. Bathroom toiletries minimal 1 soap, 1 tiny bottle of shampoo, conditioner, lotion. Not a big deal I bring my own but my husband uses it because he really doesn’t care. Barely enough for him. We then left for the day left a nice tip for the housekeeping. Came back in the evening, guess what only two towels again, and no new toiletries, can not understand this... she or he took 4 dirty towels think those would be replaced and toiletries were empty very easy to leave more. Breakfast was awful old fruit, microwaved bacon barely cooked, eggs were good, coffee horrible, sitting area was very dirty both mornings..I grabbed a closed yogurt and orange juice. Also when we arrived back at 8:30 pm there was not one single parking spot available front desk said most people were parking across the Stree in a strip mall lot...no thanks... not a great area and not well lit. We waited till One opened up about 45 minutes.
Sorry really wanted to like comfort inn but we will never be back and not recommend this to anyone.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Kidzmom05
HI Express S, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Staten Island, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Dear Kidzmom05,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We want to extend our sincere apology for the issues experienced during your visit. Your comments for each issue have been forwarded to the specific department head to ensure corrective action is taken to ensure no other guest have the same experience. We value your comments tremendously so we can better our services and product. We do understand your discouragement, but we hope you would consider giving us another chance to prove we can provide a much better overall experience with no issues.

Best Regards,