See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 October 2014

Dirty, musty, bug infested! We booked guests to stay at this property thinking it would be a special stay for them. When we went with them to check the room we were greeted by about 20-30 bugs crawling all over the ceiling! When we complained the "rude" woman at the front desk she merely said oh you mean the "stink bugs" (are you kidding me?) They gave us another room, it had less bugs. After this embarrassing discovery we demanded a refund- the front desk woman had the nerve to have an attitude instead of being apologetic! Im sure this was a spectacular place in 1920, it looks as if they haven’t changed a thing! PS 300.00 for a crappy room, I’d rather stay at a Holiday Inn!

Room Tip: don't stay here!
Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Leela0701
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

I'm so glad I did not go by Trip Advisor reviews. We just enjoyed the nicest weekend at Belvedere Mansion. Our room ( Lafayette suite) was nicely appointed; comfortable bed, plenty of pillows, WiFi, spotless bathroom with deep tub, gorgeous views of Catskill mountains in the distance & Hudson River. There is also a large terrace off of the bedroom with lounge chairs. Breakfast was delicious (Vegetable fritatta for me & Belgian waffles for my daughter). The in ground pool was warm & refreshing. As guests, we were left undisturbed to explore the house & grounds at our leisure. We will definitely be back, hopefully with more time to enjoy this gorgeous historic (1760) property.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Maggie Y
Reviewed 26 July 2014

You know, it seems like a good value, and there were some positives, but I would NOT do it again! The worst part was dealing with the owner and the manager lady. They were rude and impossible. At every stage it felt like they were trying to pull one over on you and we're completely unaccommodating. Example- they didn't want a few extra cocktail tables to be brought in at personal expense to put a few things for the ceremony on - first they didn't want to have to set them up, when we offered to have the groomsmen set them up, there was some other excuse - not sure how this was at all an inconvenience to them. But that sums it up, somehow we always felt that we were inconveniencing them - which is ridiculous since we were paying them to have our wedding there. They were not at all accommodating to our guests, rooms were small and overpriced! We picked out wine, and then they just served different wine day-of without saying anything. Food was actually good though.

• Stayed: October 2013
9  Thank Justmarried0
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We had a wedding in Rhinebeck and had heard good things about the Belvedere Mansion.

You can tell in its hay day , this place was magnificent, however, it is tired and needs a little facelift.
The cupola in the parking lot roof is collapsed and very little flowers on this grand property, and it's springtime! Located on a dark road on a hill, so good luck finding it if it's dark out.

Service (or lack of), was awkward.
We came into the reception area to check in and the desk clerk said "you have a balance due of $154.". Not HELLO, my name is, WELCOME, or anything!!! Ok, I gave my credit card and she gave us a big brass key ring. No rules, or showing us to our room, or letting us know what time breakfast was, the normal B&B thing..........

Room was clean (Astor Suite) and fine, noise from the main road with the windows open.
Bed was hard as a rock, uncomfortable.

No bar, or people around, very quiet, we took our own bottle of wine on the patio, and shared it with a wasps nest behind the large shutters...........breakfast service was awkward too. SO quiet, you could hear a pin drop, and hours of breakfast are only one hour, between 9-10 a.m.

I wanted to love this place with the grand dining room and antiques mixed w/ reproductions, but it seems this place is only interested in selling the property to brides to book their wedding (we saw 4 brides in one day looking at the place).

For $300 per night, I expect MUCH better service and amenities, especially out in the sticks.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank SCaron42
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I stayed at Belvedere with my family while visiting the Mohonk preserve that day and were planning to stop by the FDR Presidential Library - so this was a perfect place for us to stay the night and explore Rhinebeck at night. While the Belvedere mansion is known for hosting weddings, we really enjoyed the quite weekend each of us getting our own room, which were impeccably decorated! For dinner we went to Liberty Restaurant in the city - which resulted in a delicious meal and an after party with had music downstairs. Overall a wonderful experience!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family