“Disappointed”

Rotisserie Smokehouse
Ranked #21 of 36 Restaurants in Southold
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 20 August 2014

During a recent kitchen renovation when I had no stove for two weeks I decided to get dinner from Rotisserie as a change from our usual Italian favorite. I ordered a simple chicken with rice dinner and was very disappointed when I got it home. The chicken was lukewarm and bland, the rice was colored as if it had some type of seasoning....but was dry and flavorless. I doubt very much I will return.

1  Thank Nancy C

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We take out once a week from this place for quite some time now. My daughter and I love the rice and bean with tomatillo sauce,and the steak and chicken burritos are awesome,staff is very friendly.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We have had the crispy fried chicken several times and just love it. We just tried the rotisserie and it was great too. Highly recommend for take out, not eat in.

1  Thank kellyshops
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We recently tried this restaurant as we're locals constantly searching for something different close to home. Walking in the front door, your first impression is that the owner has been out of town for a while. The staff is very pleasant, the food so-so (we had the ribs and chicken combo - the chicken was better than the ribs, but supermarket rotisserie chicken is better), but the place needs some cleaning/tidying/sprucing up a bit. So much so that we quickly decided not to stay and eat there, and then we almost left without placing our order for take-out. They have a large Mexican menu, which may be better as the staff seemed to have that background.

1  Thank Holenhund
Reviewed 8 June 2013

This is a place you stumble upon and then tell others. Started by North Fork noted chef John Ross and then sold many years ago, this take out shop has morphed under the current owner to a very popular little eat in as well as take out venue. Ross's fried chicken recipe is still going strong, and Steve, the owner, has added a number of Mexican items to the menu. Everything is very fresh and making the customer happy is genuine.

I really like their fried chicken and summer is not complete without having it numerous times. Paired with local corn later in the season, it is an ideal summer meal. Try the corn bread too.

But the best real find is the special order duck. Sourced from Crescent Farms for weekends, it is cooked perfectly and excellent. Duck aficionados know all about Crescent Farms and their Long Island ducklings. You must order it the day before and I always take it out. But for those driving through the area using the Cross Sound Ferry, eating in the shop is average for a small take out place; but certainly don't expect much more than very basics. Bringing your own bottle of wine has been allowed in the past, and I would check to make sure that is still OK. Local codes have a way of changing fast.

3  Thank Boat52