“Great for Hamptons, average anywhere else”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Southampton Inn

Southampton Inn
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Southampton
New York
“Great for Hamptons, average anywhere else”
Reviewed 3 March 2012

This is the first time I stayed in this property as the off-season rates are much higher than other Hamptons properties (Enclave, Atlantic). I had to wait to check in as there was a shift change, which was a bit frustrating as it was late and I just wanted to go to sleep. Once I got to my room, I was pleasantly surprised as my expectations were not very high.

The king sized bed was comfortable, and the size of the room was large. The room was clean and bright. The bathroom had a full tub with good water pressure and was also clean. The metal stand in the bathroom was rusted, so I would suggest the hotel replace that as it detracted from the appearance.

The wifi worked well. All in all, it was probably one of the better stays I have had in the area, but unsure whether I would stay here again when a room at the Hyatt or Indigo Inn in Riverside can be had for 50% less.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank meanchat
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Long Beach NY
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Easy to find, this was a perfect fit for a training venue as well as lodging experience.
Do not pass up "The Southampton Inn" if you are looking for a spacious, clean, classy meeting room for training or any corporate gathering.From start to finish, my visit to the Southampton Inn was amazing. Suzanne, a lovely lady who coordinated the seminar room for my training initiative, was on her game. Everything was set-up and ready to go upon my arrival. My one-night stay in the hotel was quite pleasant and peaceful. The bed was as comfortable as my own and the linens were immaculate. Even the girls that checked you in and out were efficient and friendly. It was a charming venue and I could only imagine how beautiful it is in the summer months. I've stayed in many places around the hamptons, this one is my favorite. The value was great too!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank maryellendee
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 15 January 2012

We just stayed one night at the Southampton Inn in
hanuary. The room was pretty and clean. Same as the lobby and restaurant (but consider that restuarant is closed in the winter for dinner). In fact I have read bad views abiut the cleanliness of this hotel. I must say that I had a completely different experience.And I am snsitive to the dirt. If there is some dirt, I usually notice that. The hotel in the complex is basic but I don't think you should expect five star ambience for $149/night (I guess if the prices are higher in other moments, the expectations are higher, as they should be). the staff is nice (maybe not a lot of staff, if I can say something, but the people that I have dealt with, are nice). the best part is the playroom that is huge, has many toys, viogames and a pingpong table. we had a great time with the children. Only one notation for people that like me have allergy: I had a bad night. I don't know aht it was but I had an allergy attack in the middle of the night. The rug? I really don't know.(there is a nice kitty in the library and that is allergenic to me but I really don't think that they allow him in the guest rooms which would explain the attack - but as I said I don't think so because the rooms are clean and I would notice cat's hairs). There is a pool but I havn't seen it. in general, a good pick for families.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank FrancyG72
Long Island, NY
Reviewed 2 January 2012

My wife and I stayed here 12/31/11 for the New Year's Eve party. We were a bit concerned about some of the negative reviews, but we were very happy with everything about the Southampton Inn. We have stayed in about 15 places from East Hampton to Montauk. Despite what you might think, very little lodging in the Hamptons is elegant...at least not for less than very big money.

This is probably at the high end of what we have seen. Sure, it is more like a motel, but again, so are most of the places out east. Everything was clean and in good repair, the hotel looked nice and they put on a decent party. Food was nothing to rave about, but for the price it was a good value. The management and staff kept checking to be sure we were having a good time, and they tried hard to please. We will most likely be back.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sjmst2
E Patchogue
Reviewed 1 January 2012

We went to a New Year's Eve Party Yesterday and stayed overnight. The accomodations were much nicer than we anticipated. The rooms were very spacious and clean. Parking was very convenient and adequate.
The food for the party was exceptional and the open bar was adequate enough for all in attendance. The staff was the friendliest we have ever seen in a NY setting Especially Dawn and Linda Marie. Any requests were simply met and the brunch the next day was extensive and due to the holiday they kept it going from 10am until 2pm. Everyone was given a late checkout. For the price of the weekend it was exceptional and this could easily become a tradition with some of our friends and family.
We would definitely try to come back for another quick getaway.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Vito L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southampton
4.6 km away
Topping Rose House
#1 of 1 in Bridgehampton
36.9 km away
Gurney's Montauk Resort & Seawater Spa

Been to Southampton Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK