Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Oldest Department Store in USA

Still owned by the family. They write ticket receipts have impeccable people working for them. A... read more

Reviewed 9 August 2017
Kathleen G
Southampton, New York
An Exceptional Shopping Experience!

Hildreth's Department Store is the oldest store in the USA, this alone makes it a special place to... read more

Reviewed 19 June 2017
Nancy K
Montauk, New York

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 May 2016

Lovely old building so many beautiful things in the store. You can get lost in the store it's so big. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable about the merchandise. They served us fresh coffee as it was a cold day. It is a must when visiting Southampton.

1  Thank Chesque
Reviewed 2 December 2015

It's a must see in Southampton! This place is a hometown gem in Southampton. They have everything from notecards to furniture to toys and sewing accessories. I found personalized initial note cards for $10.00 that looked very expensive. The staff knows the products very well.

Reviewed 24 October 2015

I have dim memories of this store from my youth on Long Island, but I hadn't been in a LONG time when I visited this past August (2015). I was so very happy with the gigantic selection--room after room of a wide variety of both practical and gift-like items. The quality is high, and so are the prices, but not inappropriately so!

1  Thank aagie
Hildreths, Guest Relations Manager at Hildreth's, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review our store. We are glad to hear about your experience in our new gift department. We are so glad you enjoyed your shopping experience at Hildreth's. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 13 September 2015

To qualify this, I was in the patio store and was the only shopper. Staff was upstairs talking and gave the impression that I was interrupting. Response to my question was that this is what they had. No attempt to help with helping find what I needed.

2  Thank FrequentTripster
Hildreths, Manager at Hildreth's, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2015

Hello, we apologize for the inconvenience and know that this review will help us improve our service for future clients.If you would like to further talk about your experience and how we can help to make it better please call us at our patio store 631-259-8888. Thanks for your feedback

Reviewed 20 May 2015

I've been shopping a Hildreth's for over 20 years. It is a fantastic department store. Its quite huge actually. I love the fabric department. Yarn and Fabric and a very knowledgable, helpful clerk. I get most of my candles here and spend thousands at XMAS. Great gift selections. So great. So NOT Macy's!

4  Thank Shelby C

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to review our store. We are glad to hear about your experience in our fabric department. We hope to see you again soon!