“the bet all purpose one stop shopping for the home!”
Review of Hildreth's

Hildreth's
Ranked #1 of 15 Shopping in Southampton
More attraction details
Owner description: Hildreth's Home Goods Established in 1842. Located in Southampton NY on Main street.
Reviewed 3 April 2012

If y ou need anything for the home, this is the spot. The staff is very helpful and knowledgeable.
Many times I end of going to Gracious HOmes in the city and then find out that I could have gotten most of it right in Southampton!

Reviewed 10 March 2012

The store is wonderful, the creeking wood floor are reminiscent of days gone by and the variety of inventory can't be found in any "department" store today. My favorite department is the lamps and lampshades - believe it or not! The prices are high - but this IS the Hamptons, but a walk through is nothing short of delightful.

Reviewed 8 January 2012

Anything you need for home, Hildreth's has it! They are, if I remember correctly, the oldest continual store in the US. They carry furniture, lamps, dishes, housewares, lamps: everything. Sometimes I've gotten small things like place mats, other times, I've gotten outdoor furniture. All of it is charming and country-ish.

Reviewed 30 December 2011

This is my favorite place to shop. The store has beautiful things. I walk thru even if I am not looking for something . I always bring my guest to see the store. It is the oldest deptartment store in the county! I find the people who work there to be very friendly, helpful and polite. And I just found out this past summer that upstairs they have furniture that is lovely~

1  Thank Interiors2