Sherwood Inn
Finger Lakes Lodging(Skaneateles)(Great Value!)
US$ 112
Skaneateles Suites Boutique Hotel(Skaneateles)(Great Value!)
US$ 170
Mirbeau Inn & Spa Skaneateles(Skaneateles)
US$ 312
US$ 288
Skaneateles Suites(Skaneateles)(Great Value!)
US$ 102
Travelocity
Skaneateles Inn on 20(Auburn)(Great Value!)
US$ 112
Travelocity
Inn at the Finger Lakes(Auburn)(Great Value!)
US$ 91
US$ 86
Priceline
Packwood House(Skaneateles)
Birds Nest Motel(Skaneateles)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsno elevatordining roomthird floorbreakfast was includedthe yankee pot roastsunday afternoonunique roomsporch overlooking the lakeunoccupied roomssconesmy husband and igranolafinger lakesjetted tubquaint townwedding receptiondickens festival
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Nice dinner. It wasn’t great for me, but the others in my party liked it more, except for the desserts. I am not a meat eater so I was out of luck. Plenty of meat for everyone else. Not enough fruit! Or salads In my opinion. Just not enough choices. The desserts were pitiful. Cookies that looked store bought, a small plate of cannolis that went so fast that the first 10 people in front of me cleaned them out. There were brownies I think ( they were so small I am not sure what they were). The Sherwood Inn should be ashamed to offer such an embarrassing selection. There should have been some pie, cake, mousse or fresh fruit offered. The Restaurant dinning room was 2/3 full. That was surprising. 17 years ago I had my wedding reception there. We love the view, and the staff was friendly.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
TheSherwoodInn1807, Guest Relations Manager at Sherwood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the Easter Dinner Buffet with us in your review. We are sorry that you were disappointed because our team strives to make each guest's experience outstanding.

Your review and comments have been shared with the General Manager as well as our Executive Chef so that they can look into the issues that you brought up with specific regard to the entrée and salad selections and the quality and quantity of dessert offerings.

They will review the menu and make the necessary corrections as needed. Again, we thank you for bringing your experience to our attention.

We hope you will find your next visit enjoyable.

Reviewed 2 March 2018

Booked two nights but had to cancel one due to extreme weather conditions.
I fully expected them to charge us for the second night or at least levy a penalty against us but no, they were all very gracious about it.
The minute you walk through the door is like coming home after ten years away.
Very accommodating and helpful. Spotlessly clean. Great bar and restaurant overlooking the lake. Food, exceptional and generous. Wine and Spirits right next door as well as other bars and restaurants. We will be back

Room Tip: ask for a lakeview room
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tomsimmonds
Reviewed 21 February 2018

We had a nice cozy room on the back side and overall it was fine. It is a creaky old place with tons of charm, no elevator (climb those stairs...either two or three floors...), and very nice food. Two dining venues provide either a clubby bar scene or the more formal and quieter dining room. Kick back, turn off the cell phone, and grab an old National Geographic from the shelf. Disengage....

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2018

We stayed at the Sherwood Inn for a few nights in October 2017. What a charming inn! The decor at the Inn is beautiful and each room is uniquely decorated with lovely matching pieces. The breakfast buffet was delicious and extensive. We also had dinner in the tavern and the food was delicious. The location is wonderful, directly across from the Lake Skaneateles. We would stay there again in a heartbeat and highly recommend it.

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank triscuit2015
Reviewed 21 January 2018

Stayed at the Sherwood for a weekend (rm 25) and found it to be merely an average stay. Checking in on Friday evening, found me room at a sweltering 90 degrees as the thermostat was cranked up to high. I turned it down and opened the window (20 degrees outside) just to cool the room off. Woke up with a splintering headache just from the heat. My bathroom sink had a constant leak and drip. Didn't really bother me until Saturday night; it became very noticeable and irritating. Over Saturday night, the heat in the room crept upwards toward 80+ again even though I had not moved the thermostat from Friday evening. It's not 82 degrees and the windows are yet again open.
The room is what you would expect from a two hundred+ year old Inn. Somewhat a creepy floor, minor cracking in the walls. I will call that character. Rm 25 has a queen sized bed with a very firm mattress. Hard to blame the In for that but it did no favors to my back or neck. Pillows had seen a lots of use and were not firm or full sized at all. Probably old goose down.
Breakfast (included) consisted of eggs, potatoes and peppers, along with a selection of cereals. The potatoes tasted like just potatoes, peppers and onions without additional seasoning. Eggs were just that, eggs, without seasoning. Plus marks for the coffee. The dining room sits directly across the street from Skaneateles Lake, a beautiful gem in the Finger Lakes. I had the fortune to stay soon after a very cold snap so one cold walk out on the lake for nearly half a mile. very cool to take that little adventure after having been boating not the lake numerous times.
FYI for weekend stays, Rm 25 sits directly above where a band may play. Obviously one had been hired for a birthday party on 20 January. Shook the floor, and made it difficult to concentrate on such much needed homework. Band stopped around 10.
I imagine part of the charm of an old inn is that there is very little in the way of soundproofing. I could not hear anything from adjacent rooms but could hear nearly every word from the downstairs dining room and lobby. Rm 25 is on the second floor at the end of the hallway. Sounds funnels up the stairs and down the hall with little effort.
I suppose taking all the little charms and quirks I should rate this a 4 but the HEAT was overbearing. I mentioned it to the desk staff on Saturday morning but the room only got hotter. Very disappointed. Couple that with the leaky facet (closing the bathroom door did not help) and you land as a three.

Room Tip: Stay away from Rm 25, Heat is unbearable
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo