All reviews dave brenda wrap around porch every morning my husband and i in town loft gourmet remote lodging wineries syracuse anniversary guests
Reviewed 28 August 2018

3 of us girls were doing a wine trip and had a chance to stay at Lady of the Lake overnight. We were in the loft room and that was a treat in itself. If I had the chance again I would have stayed at least 2 nights to enjoy the lovely B&B and explore the town a little more. The owners are wonderful and the breakfast was superb. If I ever wander again toward the Finger Lakes region I would without a doubt make this one of our stops again. Thanks again for the warm hospitality. .

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

This is our go-to B&B when we visit family in Syracuse. We have stayed in 3 different rooms. ALL were spotless and had comfortable Tempurpedic beds, luxury bedding and private baths. The rest of the house is gorgeous! Brenda and Dave have done so much in the short time they have owned it. The entire house and porch were recently painted. It is a porch I found difficult to leave! What a treat to have their incredible breakfast on the porch our last morning! (And how boring my breakfast looked the first morning I was back home!)

You cannot beat the location to everything Skaneateles. We have walked to many restaurants, shops, and points of interest and still have so many more places to explore on our future visits (which we plan to do very soon)!

Dave and Brenda are incredible hosts and hardworking owners.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2018

A wonderful and different breakfast is offered every morning, which can be enjoyed on the porch. The owners are wonderful and great people to know. They have created a very beautiful B&B both inside and out. The village is a great place to relax with a host of restaurants to chose from. The park is a wonderful place to sit in the evening and enjoy the cool breeze coming in off the lake. For history buffs you can visit Auburn a mere 15 minutes away and is home to William Seward and Margaret Tubman. There is also a nice theater down on the lake. Plenty of wineries to visit.

Room Tip: The Loft has a very large bedroom area and I mean large, with a sitting room and full bathroom downstairs. T
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2018

My husband and I looked for weeks on where to stay in the finger lakes...after reading the positive reviews we knew this was the place for us..i can’t say enough about the owners, Dave and Brenda...From the time i opened the door to their beautiful Inn until the time we left we were in awe...My husband and I stayed in the Loft..which when we booked it thought it was way too large for us but found out it was perfect...The pictures do not do it justice. The views from the Loft were beautiful. I loved sitting and reading a book looking out on the lake. The comfort of the bed was more than we could have asked for...breakfast every morning was unbelievable. You can tell all the love that went into making each course. Presentation is everything and they hit it out of the park. Kudos to Dave..I have to say Brenda treated us like a queen and king..They absolutely thought of everything in this B&B..The Inn has a beautiful wrap around porch that you must sit and enjoy your morning coffee or glass of wine from perhaps one of the many wineries they recommend...My husband and I are already planning our next trip back...If you are looking for a 5 star B&B look no further, this is the one..You will be glad you did...many thanks again to Dave & Brenda for making our stay spectacular....

Room Tip: We stayed in the Loft and would book it again
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank flower067
Reviewed 8 July 2018

My husband and I stayed here for a long weekend in Skaneateles, and Brenda and Dave did not disappoint! From the moment we arrived they were able to accommodate every want we could have. They were able to anticipate all of our needs, even before we were able to ask! It is obvious that they keep the B&B meticulously clean, and I regret that we never asked them what they use to make our room smell so heavenly (nothing overbearing, just a soft scent that greets you when you open the door). The lodgings were wonderful and comfortable, with modern touches such as a tempurpedic remote controlled bed.

Their location to the lake, center of town, and quaint streets lined with gorgeous homes added another element to our stay and made it easy for walking around town. The wrap-around porch proved to be spectacular in both the sunshine (we highly recommend opting for breakfast out on the porch) or during a rainstorm, which proved excellent coverage and a relaxing place to watch the clouds roll through.

And then there's the breakfast. Everything you've read on here is true, and then some. Their breakfasts are enchanting. Everything seems so carefully crafted and placed that it not only tastes amazing, but also looks like a work of art. I cannot rave about the food here enough.

In addition to all of this, it would appear that Brenda and Dave are a power-couple-like-force-to-be-reckoned-with. I don't know how they rest or relax, because it would seem that they are available at nearly every hour of the day to help with whatever you need (tv trouble, restaurant recommendations, etc). At the end of our stay, my husband and I had grown tired of going out to eat for lunch/dinner and so we asked Dave if we could order a pizza to the B&B. While we ate our pizza out on the porch, Dave managed to "class up" our meal by bringing out chilled glasses, a bottled craft beer entitled "Perfect Little Something" in a fancy ice bucket, and a lantern casting a glow from a lit candle. They managed to make even a pizza dinner feel special.

Room Tip: We stayed in The Stella and the large rounded windows added lots of light to the room and made it feel incredibly cozy.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple