All reviews dave brenda wrap around porch every morning my husband and i in town loft gourmet remote lodging wineries syracuse anniversary guests
Reviewed 22 July 2018

My husband and I looked for weeks on where to stay in the finger lakes...after reading the positive reviews we knew this was the place for us..i can’t say enough about the owners, Dave and Brenda...From the time i opened the door to their beautiful Inn until the time we left we were in awe...My husband and I stayed in the Loft..which when we booked it thought it was way too large for us but found out it was perfect...The pictures do not do it justice. The views from the Loft were beautiful. I loved sitting and reading a book looking out on the lake. The comfort of the bed was more than we could have asked for...breakfast every morning was unbelievable. You can tell all the love that went into making each course. Presentation is everything and they hit it out of the park. Kudos to Dave..I have to say Brenda treated us like a queen and king..They absolutely thought of everything in this B&B..The Inn has a beautiful wrap around porch that you must sit and enjoy your morning coffee or glass of wine from perhaps one of the many wineries they recommend...My husband and I are already planning our next trip back...If you are looking for a 5 star B&B look no further, this is the one..You will be glad you did...many thanks again to Dave & Brenda for making our stay spectacular....

Room Tip: We stayed in the Loft and would book it again
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank flower067
Reviewed 8 July 2018

My husband and I stayed here for a long weekend in Skaneateles, and Brenda and Dave did not disappoint! From the moment we arrived they were able to accommodate every want we could have. They were able to anticipate all of our needs, even before we were able to ask! It is obvious that they keep the B&B meticulously clean, and I regret that we never asked them what they use to make our room smell so heavenly (nothing overbearing, just a soft scent that greets you when you open the door). The lodgings were wonderful and comfortable, with modern touches such as a tempurpedic remote controlled bed.

Their location to the lake, center of town, and quaint streets lined with gorgeous homes added another element to our stay and made it easy for walking around town. The wrap-around porch proved to be spectacular in both the sunshine (we highly recommend opting for breakfast out on the porch) or during a rainstorm, which proved excellent coverage and a relaxing place to watch the clouds roll through.

And then there's the breakfast. Everything you've read on here is true, and then some. Their breakfasts are enchanting. Everything seems so carefully crafted and placed that it not only tastes amazing, but also looks like a work of art. I cannot rave about the food here enough.

In addition to all of this, it would appear that Brenda and Dave are a power-couple-like-force-to-be-reckoned-with. I don't know how they rest or relax, because it would seem that they are available at nearly every hour of the day to help with whatever you need (tv trouble, restaurant recommendations, etc). At the end of our stay, my husband and I had grown tired of going out to eat for lunch/dinner and so we asked Dave if we could order a pizza to the B&B. While we ate our pizza out on the porch, Dave managed to "class up" our meal by bringing out chilled glasses, a bottled craft beer entitled "Perfect Little Something" in a fancy ice bucket, and a lantern casting a glow from a lit candle. They managed to make even a pizza dinner feel special.

Room Tip: We stayed in The Stella and the large rounded windows added lots of light to the room and made it feel incredibly cozy.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jaclyn K
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

We planned a short getaway to Skaneateles. OLoTL was more than what we expected. Phenomenal location. Brenda & Dave are spectacular & gracious hosts! Well prepared accommodations & Clean! The highlight were the breakfasts. Excellent!!! Fresh fruit, farm fresh eggs, pancakes & waffles, great juices and coffee. So big that we skipped lunch and had plenty of energy for biking & hiking! We'll be back!

Dave & Kathie!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

I don’t even know where to start. I could ramble on for as long as the review would allow me space, but it would still not give the amount of praise this place and the owners deserve. The home is Beautiful! The attention to detail is just fantastic. Beyond clean and organized. Rooms are so cozy, beautiful and comfortable (no cheap mattresses, sheets or bedding) you wouldn’t care if you had to stay in it all day. However, I must insist you don’t do that and bring your behind downstairs in the morning for breakfast or you will be sorry. Not sorry like “oh I missed a meal I paid for already.” I’m talking sad tears and severe cause of FOMO (fear of missing out) sad. Your meal is prepared and served with love and from people who clearly want you to enjoy it and be happy by giving you the best start to your day. No exaggeration here at all. We already miss it and we have not even boarded our train back home yet. I look forward to returning soon, rocking away on the porch while listening to the wind chime and enjoying the breeze from the lake while digesting the 5 star breakfast.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2018

Why would I title this review "mixed feelings" while rating it excellent? Because the more "excellent" ratings Dave and Brenda receive, the harder it will be for my wife and I to find a vacancy the next time we visit.
Seriously, you would think Dave and Brenda had owned this B&B for decades given the quality of the Inn and the level of their hospitality. The truth is they have been owners for just one year after completing a major overhaul. The interior is beautiful and inviting.
Their inn checks off at the highest level all the major boxes: Location, aesthetics, and friendliness. As for the quality of the breakfast, that is an entirely different category. There is no B&B we've stayed at that could match the food. To call it breakfast is actually a disservice........more like brunch.

Suffice it to say, this place will not remain a secret for long.

Dave & Andrea - Downingtown, PA