All reviews dave brenda wrap around porch the location is perfect every morning my husband and i in town loft gourmet lake anniversary remote lodging syracuse wineries hosts
Reviewed 8 July 2018

My husband and I stayed here for a long weekend in Skaneateles, and Brenda and Dave did not disappoint! From the moment we arrived they were able to accommodate every want we could have. They were able to anticipate all of our needs, even before we were able to ask! It is obvious that they keep the B&B meticulously clean, and I regret that we never asked them what they use to make our room smell so heavenly (nothing overbearing, just a soft scent that greets you when you open the door). The lodgings were wonderful and comfortable, with modern touches such as a tempurpedic remote controlled bed.

Their location to the lake, center of town, and quaint streets lined with gorgeous homes added another element to our stay and made it easy for walking around town. The wrap-around porch proved to be spectacular in both the sunshine (we highly recommend opting for breakfast out on the porch) or during a rainstorm, which proved excellent coverage and a relaxing place to watch the clouds roll through.

And then there's the breakfast. Everything you've read on here is true, and then some. Their breakfasts are enchanting. Everything seems so carefully crafted and placed that it not only tastes amazing, but also looks like a work of art. I cannot rave about the food here enough.

In addition to all of this, it would appear that Brenda and Dave are a power-couple-like-force-to-be-reckoned-with. I don't know how they rest or relax, because it would seem that they are available at nearly every hour of the day to help with whatever you need (tv trouble, restaurant recommendations, etc). At the end of our stay, my husband and I had grown tired of going out to eat for lunch/dinner and so we asked Dave if we could order a pizza to the B&B. While we ate our pizza out on the porch, Dave managed to "class up" our meal by bringing out chilled glasses, a bottled craft beer entitled "Perfect Little Something" in a fancy ice bucket, and a lantern casting a glow from a lit candle. They managed to make even a pizza dinner feel special.

Room tip: We stayed in The Stella and the large rounded windows added lots of light to the room and made it feel incredibly cozy.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jaclyn K
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

We planned a short getaway to Skaneateles. OLoTL was more than what we expected. Phenomenal location. Brenda & Dave are spectacular & gracious hosts! Well prepared accommodations & Clean! The highlight were the breakfasts. Excellent!!! Fresh fruit, farm fresh eggs, pancakes & waffles, great juices and coffee. So big that we skipped lunch and had plenty of energy for biking & hiking! We'll be back!

Dave & Kathie!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

I don’t even know where to start. I could ramble on for as long as the review would allow me space, but it would still not give the amount of praise this place and the owners deserve. The home is Beautiful! The attention to detail is just fantastic. Beyond clean and organized. Rooms are so cozy, beautiful and comfortable (no cheap mattresses, sheets or bedding) you wouldn’t care if you had to stay in it all day. However, I must insist you don’t do that and bring your behind downstairs in the morning for breakfast or you will be sorry. Not sorry like “oh I missed a meal I paid for already.” I’m talking sad tears and severe cause of FOMO (fear of missing out) sad. Your meal is prepared and served with love and from people who clearly want you to enjoy it and be happy by giving you the best start to your day. No exaggeration here at all. We already miss it and we have not even boarded our train back home yet. I look forward to returning soon, rocking away on the porch while listening to the wind chime and enjoying the breeze from the lake while digesting the 5 star breakfast.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2018

Why would I title this review "mixed feelings" while rating it excellent? Because the more "excellent" ratings Dave and Brenda receive, the harder it will be for my wife and I to find a vacancy the next time we visit.
Seriously, you would think Dave and Brenda had owned this B&B for decades given the quality of the Inn and the level of their hospitality. The truth is they have been owners for just one year after completing a major overhaul. The interior is beautiful and inviting.
Their inn checks off at the highest level all the major boxes: Location, aesthetics, and friendliness. As for the quality of the breakfast, that is an entirely different category. There is no B&B we've stayed at that could match the food. To call it breakfast is actually a disservice........more like brunch.

Suffice it to say, this place will not remain a secret for long.

Dave & Andrea - Downingtown, PA

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank GoBlue1982
Reviewed 5 April 2018

The property was attractive, clean and comfortable inside, typical for better quality
B & Bs. I have stayed in many, mainly in seaside towns in Cape Cod, and in Ocean Grove and Belmar, NJ.
What sets the Lady of the Lake apart from literally all the others was the breakfast experience. I learned that one of our hosts, David, has an extensive history as a fine dining chef. That explains the delightful three-course meal, which neither of us breakfast-skippers would have believed we would be up for, much less finish, at 8 a.m.
There was an abundance of fresh produce; delicious strawberries with fresh cream filling, blackberries and strawberries, half a small cantaloupe filled with a vanilla yogurt and topped with a little crunchy granola. The unexpected items were what really impressed us. There was a little ring of salad greens and berries around the melon with a raspberry vinaigrette; a little bundle of fresh asparagus wrapped in thin crispy bacon. There was also a perfect sized portion of eggs, seasoned with some kind of savory cheese, and a Belgian waffle with local real maple syrup. Literally everything was hot, fresh, and extraordinarily delicious.
If you're a strict omelette-and-muffin eater, you may not appreciate this place. But we're kind of foodie types, and found this kind of sumptous and adventurous meal refreshing. Plus, the weather was terrible, which made the B & B part of the trip extra important :-)

Room tip: We did not request a lake view; it would be beautiful to have one in the Fall season. Parking in winter months is easy and free.
Date of stay: April 2018