All reviews dave brenda wrap around porch every morning my husband and i in town loft gourmet remote lodging wineries syracuse anniversary guests
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

We planned a short getaway to Skaneateles. OLoTL was more than what we expected. Phenomenal location. Brenda & Dave are spectacular & gracious hosts! Well prepared accommodations & Clean! The highlight were the breakfasts. Excellent!!! Fresh fruit, farm fresh eggs, pancakes & waffles, great juices and coffee. So big that we skipped lunch and had plenty of energy for biking & hiking! We'll be back!

Dave & Kathie!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

I don’t even know where to start. I could ramble on for as long as the review would allow me space, but it would still not give the amount of praise this place and the owners deserve. The home is Beautiful! The attention to detail is just fantastic. Beyond clean and organized. Rooms are so cozy, beautiful and comfortable (no cheap mattresses, sheets or bedding) you wouldn’t care if you had to stay in it all day. However, I must insist you don’t do that and bring your behind downstairs in the morning for breakfast or you will be sorry. Not sorry like “oh I missed a meal I paid for already.” I’m talking sad tears and severe cause of FOMO (fear of missing out) sad. Your meal is prepared and served with love and from people who clearly want you to enjoy it and be happy by giving you the best start to your day. No exaggeration here at all. We already miss it and we have not even boarded our train back home yet. I look forward to returning soon, rocking away on the porch while listening to the wind chime and enjoying the breeze from the lake while digesting the 5 star breakfast.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2018

Why would I title this review "mixed feelings" while rating it excellent? Because the more "excellent" ratings Dave and Brenda receive, the harder it will be for my wife and I to find a vacancy the next time we visit.
Seriously, you would think Dave and Brenda had owned this B&B for decades given the quality of the Inn and the level of their hospitality. The truth is they have been owners for just one year after completing a major overhaul. The interior is beautiful and inviting.
Their inn checks off at the highest level all the major boxes: Location, aesthetics, and friendliness. As for the quality of the breakfast, that is an entirely different category. There is no B&B we've stayed at that could match the food. To call it breakfast is actually a disservice........more like brunch.

Suffice it to say, this place will not remain a secret for long.

Dave & Andrea - Downingtown, PA

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GoBlue1982
Reviewed 5 April 2018

The property was attractive, clean and comfortable inside, typical for better quality
B & Bs. I have stayed in many, mainly in seaside towns in Cape Cod, and in Ocean Grove and Belmar, NJ.
What sets the Lady of the Lake apart from literally all the others was the breakfast experience. I learned that one of our hosts, David, has an extensive history as a fine dining chef. That explains the delightful three-course meal, which neither of us breakfast-skippers would have believed we would be up for, much less finish, at 8 a.m.
There was an abundance of fresh produce; delicious strawberries with fresh cream filling, blackberries and strawberries, half a small cantaloupe filled with a vanilla yogurt and topped with a little crunchy granola. The unexpected items were what really impressed us. There was a little ring of salad greens and berries around the melon with a raspberry vinaigrette; a little bundle of fresh asparagus wrapped in thin crispy bacon. There was also a perfect sized portion of eggs, seasoned with some kind of savory cheese, and a Belgian waffle with local real maple syrup. Literally everything was hot, fresh, and extraordinarily delicious.
If you're a strict omelette-and-muffin eater, you may not appreciate this place. But we're kind of foodie types, and found this kind of sumptous and adventurous meal refreshing. Plus, the weather was terrible, which made the B & B part of the trip extra important :-)

Room Tip: We did not request a lake view; it would be beautiful to have one in the Fall season. Parking in winter months is easy and free.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 February 2018

If you’re looking for an intimate and charming bed & breakfast experience, Lady of the Lake Bed & Breakfast in Skaneateles, NY fits the bill in splendid fashion. Situated in the perfect lakeside location within close walking distance to all the shops and restaurants, Lady of the Lake delivers in all the areas that matter. We stayed in the “Mary” room, which was very comfortable and beautifully decorated. The adjustable Tempur-Pedic bed was dreamy, and the room and bathroom were immaculately clean. Although we didn’t have a chance to hang out in the main common area with fireplace, you could tell that owners Brenda and Dave have done a wonderful job making all the living and communal spaces warm and inviting for guests. The outside property is stunning as well.

One of the highlights of our weekend was the hearty gourmet Mediterranean-inspired breakfast, which was both healthy and delicious. Brenda and Dave are very personable and accommodating, and you can clearly see that a tremendous amount of TLC and hard work goes into making the stay memorable for all guests. Having stayed at both Lady of the Lake and Sherwood Inn, I would choose this place any day of the week, especially for those who value a personal touch.

Room Tip: The "Mary Room" has the best views, but the "Loft Room" has the most space. All rooms are gorgeous!
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple