“Lots of space and lots of quiet”
other travellers have booked this property
Log House on Trout Brook Rear of the house
Living room fireplace
Master bathroom
Master bathroom
Master Bathroom
Upstairs loft area with two full size futon beds
Upstairs bedroom #1
Grill on back deck
Front porch
Schroon Lake Public Beach
Schroon Lake Public Beach
Upstairs loft area with futons
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

alexE3353...
Saint Martinville, Louisiana
“DO NOT RENT!!!”
Reviewed 18 September 2017 for a stay in September 2016
people found this review helpful

First of all, DO NOT RENT FROM THESE PEOPLE!!!! When I rented I was falsely accused of trespassing on other peoples property, firing fire arms that I dont even own and the owners had the audacity to accuse me of flooding their basement with water. Because their is no way of proving any of these accusations to be false with out going to court, the con-artists that are the owners found a loop hole to take my security deposit. BE WARNED FOR CON-ARTISTS OUT TO GET YOUR SECURITY DEPOSIT THREW THIS SITE!!! It happened to me. Because I would of spent more on a lawyer and on court costs I didn't bother on trying even though I had a case.

When you rent from anybody on this site, make sure you take lots of photos of before and after with the news paper date on it, so when these types of people try to pull one over on you like they did me, you are prepared.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
19 Sep 2017
Alex Enz is a liar. He rented my home with 7 of his 20 yr old friends(he is 32) and drank 6 bottles of Whiskey and beer and left all of the empty bottles inside my home. He agreed to remove all of the garbage. He also discharged a fire extinguisher, leaving a fine toxic dust all over my home. Although I can't prove it, he flooded the septic system. I have owned my home for seven years and have never had that happen, and I have rented my property many, many times. My neighbor is the person who told me that fire arms were discharged in the middle of the night. He is in the military, so he does have fire arms. (that is scary!). I guess after drinking six bottles of whiskey, it sounded like a good idea. I thought I was very fair, by returning $200 of the $500 security deposit. If you wanted all of the money returned then you should have treated my property like it was your own, that is what you agreed to do in signing the lease you liar!
gregleinw...
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
“Lots of space and lots of quiet”
Reviewed 3 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016

This is a really great house on a beautiful property with a lovely stream running through it. It is perfectly located as it is very secluded but just a few minutes from the restaurants, shops, and bars at the town of Schroon Lake. After sleeping in very comfortable beds drifting off to sleep to the sound of the stream we woke up and sat on the large nicely furnished balcony watching hummingbirds and drinking our coffee. A beautiful living room with a nice large TV made for relaxing evenings with our two twenty-something sons. Hiking trails are not far. We really loved the place and hope to use it again sometime.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The secluded escape but easy access to the town.
Liked least: Couldn't figure out the stereo but that was probably just us
Travelling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
kmanish20...
Woburn, Massachusetts
“Awesome private log house”
Reviewed 11 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

We booked this place for the July 4 weekend. The owner Lynn was very helpful with her responses and suggestions to get us quickly settled...
On arrival we were happy to see the log house exactly the way we envisioned it... private yet near to a road... a beautiful brook flowing through it.... plenty of place for parking... rustic ... perfect for small groups...
It is just a small drive to the quaint town of schroon and schroon sits between lake george village & ausable chasm... So it was perfect for us to do day trips in either direction..
There is no cellular reception but that actually was a positive thing.... a landline exists though..

All in all we had a great time and would highly recommend this place!! Thanks Lynn..

Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing