All reviewsunion collegedowntown schenectadygreat hotelcomplimentary breakfastwalking distancehotel stayin townthe hotel is cleanstate streetfree parkingproctor's theaterbusiness centerstaff was friendlycomfortable bedsthe hotel stafflocation was perfectwould definitely stay here again
Reviewed 6 November 2017

We were in town for a family event. The hotel is very nice, updated and modern. The staff is friendly. They have a great free breakfast, comfortable, updated rooms, and a nice pool. We did have an issue with the digital key working and the free wifi was spotty, dropping the connection often. The hotel is very nice, but the area before arriving at the hotel was questionable.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
andreacolon, General Manager at Hampton Inn Schenectady, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Thank you for the positive review!!
Hopefully we can welcome you soon again!!

Andrea & Team Hamptonality!!!

Reviewed 31 October 2017

Good experience for the most part. Problem with my reservation. Had to change it from 2 days to 3 days. Had a confirmation number; however, was locked out of my room after the 2nd day. Then denied an itemized receipt at the time of check out. Was told because I did not book directly through the hotel that they could not give e an itemized receipt. I tried to book directly, but was unable to.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
andreacolon, General Manager at Hampton Inn Schenectady, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Dear Laurie,

thank you for the positive survey. If you book through a 3rd party, we can not print out a receipt.
I am very sorry for your inconvenience.

Andrea Colon

Reviewed 31 October 2017

This is my hotel of choice when I work in Schenectady because it is right downtown and walking distance to several good restaurants. The breakfast is excellent and slightly changes each day which is nice if you are staying there for multiple days. The rooms are clean and in good shape. There is also a small gym and pool.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
andreacolon, General Manager at Hampton Inn Schenectady, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Thank you so much for the positive review and thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Downtown Schenectady, NY !!!
I am glad you are enjoying your stay with us every time you are coming to the area.

Andrea & Team Hamptonality !!!

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

My family and I recently stayed overnight at this location. The beds are roomy and comfortable. The boys liked the pool and fitness room. Downtown Schenectady was fun to explore on foot. The Rivers Casino is very close by with about a 5-minute drive. The complimentary breakfast had something for everyone from scrambled eggs two waffles two fresh fruit. Coffee was available lobby 24 hours which was nice. Freshly baked cookies were available when we checked in. The staff was friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend and stay again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
andreacolon, General Manager at Hampton Inn Schenectady, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Dear Tami,

thank you for the awesome review!!! I am happy to hear that you and your family had a good time here at the Hampton Inn Downtown Schenectady!!

We look forward welcoming you soon again!!

Andrea & Team Hamptonality!!!

Reviewed 29 October 2017

I help people business people who are re-setting to the area. I often recommend this hotel because the staff is attentive, the hotel is clean, and it is easy for my clients to reach their destination from this location. They are always happy to stay at this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Thank you very much for the great review, and thank you for trusting us with your clients!!

Andrea & Team