“The best hotel for the right price.”

Hampton Inn Schenectady
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Schenectady
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 18 January 2012

This is a beautiful hotel situated in the middle of downtown.Came down to visit my girlfriend for the weekend and our room was nice and clean.The front desk always had someone there to help you out.We stayed in the king size bedroom and from the shower to the bed it was nothing but comfort.We was able to go to the movies which was a walk away and a short drive to any restarant we wanted to go to.I highly recommend this hotel if you want to live in comfort.

Room Tip: King size room is the best.we was in the front which had no outside noise coming through.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 29 November 2011

We stayed here for two nights. Staff is very helpful and
friendly. This Hampton Inn was very clean and when I
asked for a different room it was No Problem. One of the
reasons I prefer this hotel chain.

• Stayed: November 2011
5  Thank dleamon65
Adraab10, General Manager at Hampton Inn Schenectady, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2012

Hello dleamon65,

I just wanted to send you a quick thanks for your recent stay and review of the Hampton Inn Schenectady! We always appreciate guest feedback and thank you for taking the time to inform other travelers on your experience at our hotel.

I was so pleased to read you found the staff to be so helpful and friendly. We strive to provide the best customer service to ensure a relaxing and stressless visit. Also, I was glad to see we were able to assist with a room switch so you could enjoy a better stay.

Once again, thank you so much for the kind feedback from your recent stay. We love guest feedback so we can continue to provide the best hotel accommodations for all our visitors. We hope to see you again while in Schenectady.

Take Care,
GM

Reviewed 26 November 2011

We spent Thanksgiving weekend here while visiting family. It was the perfect location. You could walk to some fun eating establishments, they gave you a nice breakfast and the rooms were spotless. The staff in the breakfast room was the best I have ever seen....greeted everyone with much genuine enthusiasm. Definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank peg1015

Hello peg1015,

I wanted to let you know how much I appreciated your review of the Hampton Inn Schenectady and for choosing us during your holiday break while visiting family. We strive to have every guest leave as satisfied with their stay as you did which made your feedback such a pleasure to share with our staff.

I was so glad to read you enjoyed the location of our property. We really do find our hotel to be in a great location in Schenectady that offers a close proximity to key attractions and restaurants but still offers a secure, comfortable feel. Thanks for also mentioning how great the breakfast staff was during your stay. I will make sure to share your review with them.

Once again, thanks for the kind words and recent stay with us. We are so pleased you choose us will in Schenectady and hope to see you again during your next visit.

Take Care,
GM

Reviewed 23 November 2011

I tried out this Hilton property (only one in that area) after staying at other hotels nearby last few times. And it indeed turned out to be the best, in fact way above in other hotels in terms of service and facilities. Although the tariff is on the higher end of the scale but it's value for money. Seems like the property has been recently re-done and it clearly reflects both in the room and the common areas. Located bang on State Street in the heart of Schenectady, it offers nice, clean and quite big rooms, pool, fitness center as well as a business center.Many restuarents, shops, theatres are just few mins walk from the hotel. Would definitely stay there next time.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank ScarfaceSG
Reviewed 22 October 2011

My trip in mid-September was actually the first time I've stayed at this property, however this is my parents #1 choice when they visit. To my knowledge it's the only Hilton brand hotel in the immediate Schenectady area.

The hotel itself was great-- clean, refreshing, great pool and fitness center, hot/cold breakfast buffet and the location is perfect for my needs.

My only complaint would the guest services agent that checked us in as she seemed annoyed when I asked what additional authorization they take for incidentals. It could be an unusual question so I can overlook that. However, I do take exception to her rolling her eyes when my mom asked for 3 keys instead of the 2 she was going to give us.It's not like she asked how many we wanted, or if 2 keys would be okay. I was floored and the first thing my mom said after we walked away from the desk was "Did you see the face she made at me?"

Alas, everyone does have bad days so I'm hoping that was one of hers-- and we will be back next time we visit family.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family