“Souvlaki, u need it!”

Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 10
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: This cafe opened in 2012
Reviewed 4 June 2016 via mobile

Ive been going here for years ever since I stumbled upon their chicken soulvaki pita platter. ITS SO GOOD! If you like greek food, you will like this spot. Make sure to get extra extra tzatiki sauce, its the best!!
The owner is awesome as well!

Date of visit: May 2016

Reviewed 21 April 2016

This is a great place for breakfast or lunch, but breakfast is my favorite. Excellent food, ample portions, and great service make it my choice to travel from Guilderland to Schenectady for a morning meal once or twice every week. Jessica, the owner, sets high standards for her staff and demands excellence. And she gets it! Getting greeted at the door by Hector is a bonus and he makes you feel right at home as he seats you. Becky is a very attentive server, always with a smile on her face, and is our favorite. If you want a great breakfast in Schenectady this is the place to go, hands down.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 12 March 2016

My wife and I ate at the Union Cafe recentely for the first time while visiting our daugher in Albany.

The Cafe is not large so get there on the early breakfast,lunch, or dinner side to get a table.

We were promptly and pleasantly greeted and seated. The luncheon food we had was very good - I had a steak sandwich that would make Philadelphians envious.
Their prices are reasonable too. I can recommend the Union cafe to you, give it a try, you will enjoy it too.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 22 February 2016 via mobile

The food is fantastic and the people couldn't be nicer. If there is a wait, they even have an urn of coffee on the porch so you can grab some while you're waiting. Possibly the best pancakes I've ever eaten.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed 2 February 2016

One of the staff (the owner?) opened the door for us and said "Welcome" which was a nice start. We went for lunch; the place was clean, the service was great, and they have Greek food on the menu so I ordered a Souvlaki. I spend a year and a half in Greece when I was in the military, and I have to say the Souvlaki I got was as good as any I had over there. Wish I lived closer, I would be a regular. My daughter has a swim meet down there soon, so at least I know where I'll be having lunch then!

Date of visit: January 2016