“Outstanding Asian Cuisine”

South East Asia Cuisine
Ranked #22 of 112 Restaurants in Scarsdale
Reviewed 4 June 2015 via mobile

We decided to treat ourselves to dinner at the South East Asian restaurant on Garth road. While SEA has been in in business a long time and expanded in size, we had not been there in many years. The mistake we made was obvious as soon as we tasted the crispy scallion pancakes that tasted crunchy but not fried and were better than any I've had in years. Then we shared Miso Black Cod and Wok Glazed Chicken & Shrimp. Both of these entries were phenomenal. The cod was so fresh it melted in our mouths and the glazed chicken and shrimp was so tasty we felt like we must be personal friends of the chef! The service was great and we won't wait long to return, since this was an exquisite dinning experience!

Reviewed 20 March 2015

I have been going to South East Asia, "SEA", for many years. I go with family & friends for lunch, dinner and celebrations! Landi, and her family all make you feel welcome! We have seen this restaurant transform itself from a takeout place to a cozy restaurant that has lively decor. The food is so full of flavor, fresh and they will accommodate you as best they can. My favorite is spicy mango chicken with added broccoli and basil! Their wonton soup is the best I've ever had! The sushi is great too! The staff is friendly. Great lunch specials too! Tell Landi, Linda sent to you!

Reviewed 6 September 2014

This cute little restaurant on Garth Road is one of my husband and my favorites for Asian food. The dishes are usually very good and the service is efficient and friendly.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

6/7/14- We recently had take out from this establishment, and I was a little disappointed with the quality and the lack of taste (punch) in the food. I ordered the Asian Bento Box from the lunch special, it consisted of 3 pcs. of shumai which seemed to me like it was fried (it had a weird consistency), a California roll that had way too big pieces of avocado (the avocado dominated the roll), and General Tso's Chicken that was dry and bland with NO sauce! The rice that was served on the side could not have been freshly made and was very dry and sticky. I specifically asked for my dish to be spicy and it wasn't. I generally give restaurants and second try, and I will give this one a second try but I wouldn't tell anyone to eat there (the jury is still out on that one), and the only reason I will try again is that a lot of people seem to like it and any one can have a bad day.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Good food especially the chicken Thai rice. Like another reviewer we miss them in Bronxville. Take out service is cordial, fast and always ready when promised