All reviewsfire pitcongress parkindoor and outdoor poolswithin walking distancean older hotelin townfridge and microwavefront desk stafflocation is greatfirst floorhotel restaurantbusiness centerbreakfast buffetshops and restaurantsup to dateroom was clean and comfortablestayed one night
Reviewed 25 April 2018

Usually, we stay at the Gideon Putnam, but since they were closed for emergency repairs, we stayed at the Holiday Inn in Saratoga Springs! Saratoga Springs is not that big and everything is within driving distance, but the Holiday Inn is within walking distance of a lot of places. One can walk to the many restaurants and shops on and off Broadway, Congress Park, The Saratoga Visitor's Center, and about a 15 minute walk from High Rock Park, where they have several springs and a Farmer's Market from May onwards.

The hotel is pet friendly and does not charge any fees! All the other hotels within the town and slightly out of it charge a per night or per stay fee, and/or a cleaning fee. I've seen some go for $175 and up!

The hotel has two pools. One indoor and one outdoor. When we were there, it was still really cold outside (a little bit above freezing temps), so the outdoor pool was not yet opened. The indoor pool was open though, and it was heated. The hotel boasts that they are the only hotel in Saratoga that has a heated pool year round. My 20 month old son was able to enjoy the pool even when it is cold out, which was great!

I agree with some reviewers who say that the rooms need a refresh. The rooms look fine really, but it looks really dated once you look around the bathroom. However, since the price was extremely fair, offered free pet stays, and had the only operating heated pool in the area, I can say that the five star rating I'm giving them is justified. I didn't expect much when I booked the hotel (because it was a good deal!), and they delivered more than that, so 5 stars!

Parking late at night did get hard, because they fill up really quick, but I went around a couple of times and got a spot.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2018

I travel often for work (150 nights a year) and always look forward to my stay here. I usually sleep in so I ask for a late checkout and I am never woken by housekeeping in the morning. Very quiet hotel that allows you to get a good nights sleep. I will definitely will be back. The restaurant has always served me with great food and is well priced.
Nice park (full of ducks) right behind the hotel that leads right into town where there are many places to eat & shop.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 April 2018

This was our first time here and we will definitely be back, We usually stay at a different hotel when visiting Saratoga but, thought we would try this one since my boyfriend came for a conference here and said how nice it was. The front desk staff was very friendly upon arrival. The room was very nice and loved that it had a fridge and microwave. When showering we noticed that we had 2 conditioners and no shampoo so, we called down and someone was up with shampoo immediately. The Kreuig to make coffee was extremely convenient and filled each morning with more coffee pots. We went to the bar at BookMakers several times and loved Sheila. She was so accommodating and friendly and make our experience an even better one!!!!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

I wanted to like this hotel. It was clean, and updated, and pet friendly. Our experience was wonderful until about 10pm - loud groups of teenagers were running the hallways talking loudly, singing, and slamming doors. At midnight I had it and went to the lobby to ask if they can get things under control. They weren’t much help. Neither was the man wearing a shirt that said security who said he was dealing with lots of complaints that night.
We will never go back here again, and will tell all our Skidmore College connections the same. Do yourself a favor and spend a little more and stay at the Marriott.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Hi Katy M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are happy to know that you liked our hotel. On the other hand, we are sorry to hear about the disturbance caused by other guests during your visit, as well as the lack of sufficient actions taken by the staff to address your concern. Reviews like yours are very valuable as they enable us to target areas we need to improve on. Rest assured your feedback has been forwarded to the management team to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. In addition, we have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay.

Joel A
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

They recently renovated the property. Much nicer, but parking remains a challenge. Rooms could use an upgrade now
Great location.. easy walk to the downtown
Nice staff
Good restaraunt and bar
Rooms are dated
They do allow pets. Always a bonus
Nice weight room

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Hi Marc A,

My name is Anthony and I thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am very glad you liked the convenient location of our hotel in the area and the friendliness of our staff. I am sorry that the condition of our rooms were not to your liking. I am also sorry for the challenges you had in our parking area. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests.

Anthony M