All reviews fire pit congress park indoor and outdoor pools within walking distance an older hotel in town fridge and microwave front desk staff location is great first floor hotel restaurant business center breakfast buffet shops and restaurants up to date room was clean and comfortable stayed one night
Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

I wanted to like this hotel. It was clean, and updated, and pet friendly. Our experience was wonderful until about 10pm - loud groups of teenagers were running the hallways talking loudly, singing, and slamming doors. At midnight I had it and went to the lobby to ask if they can get things under control. They weren’t much help. Neither was the man wearing a shirt that said security who said he was dealing with lots of complaints that night.
We will never go back here again, and will tell all our Skidmore College connections the same. Do yourself a favor and spend a little more and stay at the Marriott.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Hi Katy M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are happy to know that you liked our hotel. On the other hand, we are sorry to hear about the disturbance caused by other guests during your visit, as well as the lack of sufficient actions taken by the staff to address your concern. Reviews like yours are very valuable as they enable us to target areas we need to improve on. Rest assured your feedback has been forwarded to the management team to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. In addition, we have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay.

Joel A

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

They recently renovated the property. Much nicer, but parking remains a challenge. Rooms could use an upgrade now
Great location.. easy walk to the downtown
Nice staff
Good restaraunt and bar
Rooms are dated
They do allow pets. Always a bonus
Nice weight room

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Hi Marc A,

My name is Anthony and I thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am very glad you liked the convenient location of our hotel in the area and the friendliness of our staff. I am sorry that the condition of our rooms were not to your liking. I am also sorry for the challenges you had in our parking area. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests.

Anthony M

Reviewed 11 March 2018

Parking a nightmare, especially for senior citizens and the elderly. Check in process like a mouse through a maze. Basic amenities, even nickeled and dimed us regarding Honors awards program (breakfast buffet).

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2018

Hi James K,

Thank you for your stay and for leaving a review about our hotel on TripAdvisor. Our goal has always been to provide our guests with the best hospitality service and I regret to read that you found your stay to be average.

I am sorry for the disappointments you had with the parking. I also regret the service letdown by our hotel staff, especially during check-in. Your comments are noted and forwarded to our management team for proper evaluation. I greatly appreciate you sharing your feedback as it gives us the opportunity to further understand what we can adjust or do more for our guests to get the most out of their stay with us.

Again, thank you for your comments and for choosing us for your lodging needs.

Ingrid V.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

My third time in this hotel. The lobby is completely renovated, very nice. It was great after 23 hours of travel to be welcomed by Gail. Exceptional friendly and helpfull, specially after such long travel it’s great. The room is nice and more important very clean. Compliments to the housekeeping staff!. Continental breakfast os good enough. If you don’t want a continental breakfast, than you can order one from the menu. The food is good in the restaurant, the hamburger was perfect. Because of the snow, outside there was a fireplace with seats around it. A nice surprice and warm enough to take a drink outside. All is within an easy walking distance to downtown Saratoga Springs.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 March 2018

Okay, positives first. The staff are very helpful. The location was pretty good. And it was clean.

But man, this hotel needs some love. The sheets were rough. The mattresses were sagging--I mean visibly so. The bathroom, which was tiny, had a paint job that looked like a ten-year old had done it. Also, the door which was difficult to shut appeared to have been made out of particle board.

I know Saratoga Springs is trendy and the price we got for the room was reasonable, but here's the thing--at the time, we could have stayed at other more upscale properties for a similar price (we chose this place for its location) so it's not without competition.

A refresh is called for .

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Hello M Z,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and glad you stayed with us. We do the best we can to provide our guests with a worthwhile experience but I am sorry your recent stay went below expectations with the way things were. Especially with the linen, mattress, and the bathroom condition. I am sorry that these made you uneasy.

On the hindsight, I felt happy that our location perfectly suited your needs and our staff wonderful. We entrust our staff members to embody our promise of true hospitality and glad this was evident on your experience.

I have communicated your feedback to our hotel management for review and will be carefully considered should there be plans of future renovations. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. I wish nothing more but to be at your service again.

Best regards,