“Restaurant Week is for us!”
Review of Bookmakers

Bookmakers
Reserve with OpenTable
Bookmakers is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 40
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Circular Street, Route 50
Transit: The CDTA bus stops in front of the hotel and behind the hotel at the corner of Circular St. and Park Place. The seasonal Saratoga Trolley stops in front of the hotel. Cab service in and around town should not exceed $10 one way. The Amtrak Train and Trailways Bus Station is 2 miles from the hotel.
Reviewed 17 March 2018

We love restaurant week because we can always get a great meal at a reasonable price. This year our choice was Bookmakers because of the specials on the menu. We asked my sister to come along because her birthday and my hubie's birthday are only 2 days apart and because we had to drive right past her house to get to the restaurant. We each had a separate appetizer. Hubbie was impressed by the amount of sausage on his flatbread. I enjoyed the classic French onion soup and my sister liked the firecracker shrimp which she said had an after kick. It wasn't "in your face" hot at first bite. She also loved the chips that came with the shrimp. Hubbie and I both had the salmon with the light citrus sauce (would love to know what it was exactly) and the broccoli (which wasn't steamed enough for our liking) but I enjoyed the rice while he had the mashed potatoes. My sister ordered the chicken dish and raved about it. She also had the mashed potatoes and they both commented on how they were homemade with real lumps. For dessert, we all ordered the apple crisp a la mode but mine was made smaller on purpose when I told the waitress I was diabetic. So thoughtful. She maintained our drinks throughout the meal. Meals were only $20 each plus the price of our soft drinks and cups of tea at dessert time. Very good!

Reviewed 3 March 2018

The restaurant is inside the Holiday Inn Hotel. The breakfast at the restaurant is not free but the food is not 'fee' quality. The food was reasonably priced and made to order.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

I am a meeting planner and this is my best location, that staff is great we almost feel like family. They must have the highest retention rate of all the hotels I travel to, its like Cheers everyone knows your name. So if your in the area I recommend you give them a try, and book early for race season.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

We stayed for 4 nights to attend a friends wedding, the Bookmakers was the hotel restaurant very nice food but huge portions so we stuck to starters which were big enough for us

Reviewed 8 August 2017

This is a very short walk from the race track. We always stop here to cool off and have some drinks and appetizers after hours at the race track. It is clean and comfortable. The food and beverages are fabulous.