“Quiet and nice place to stay!”

Residence Inn Saratoga Springs
Ranked #20 of 34 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Very good Marriott property. Staff is nice, rooms are clean.

Little hard to get to but worth it. This property is just off I-87. Not downtown!

I like that they will go grocery shopping for you if you do not have time.

Will be back!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
hotelherrold, General Manager at Residence Inn Saratoga Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Ray C.

Glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us. The staff takes pride in the property and we have a friendly positive attitude which many guests comment on. We have many additional amenities including the grocery service to keep you focused on your day. Look forward to seeing you again and we are pleased you chose Residence Inn.

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for one night en route to our vacation in the Adirondacks. We had read from other reviewers that the hotel is hard to find and that the breakfast was great.
We had absolutely no trouble finding the property; signs mark it very well when one gets off the NYS Thruway. The shower was dirty and the detachable shower head had few useful settings. Its hose was so short that we could not rinse the soap off my wife's feet.

The couch made a horrible sound when I sat on it and it was quite painful (I am all of 130 lbs.).

There was no ice machine except on the first floor, and no ice bucket was provided. The clerk informed me that I could make ice in the freezer and store it in a mixing bowl. Had any been clean, I would have done so. I had tried making ice first, and had made a total of eight ice cubes. The freezer made a sound like the end of the Battle of Bull Run when it delivered itself of the cubes. The sound so frightened our dog that I turned off the ice maker, and collected the ice in a Pyrex measuring cup.

The breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs and sausage as well as very stale bagels and adequate orange juice. The ice water was tepid.

Nick (the clerk) was a nice guy who did try to help (among other things, he found my wife a glass of Merlot on the house), but the work this place needs is well beyond his pay scale. This is a two bit hotel luring people in under the Marriott name.

The inadequate, dirty bathroom, the inadequate ice maker that cranked out 8 cubes in four hours, the dirty mixing bowls, and the inadequate breakfast with stale bagels were unfortunate. But there was something about the lack of an ice bucket that spoke volumes about the respect this hotel doesn't have for its guests. Gestures matter. We were booked at this facility for our return trip after our vacation. It was so bad at the Residence Inn that I cancelled the reservation and made another at a different hotel. It would be too depressing to stay at this dive again.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
hotelherrold, General Manager at Residence Inn Saratoga Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Dear eajsalzer,

On behalf of my team, I apologize for the items which you have noted. I will review these points with my team and assure you that we will take the appropriate corrective measures. All of the appliances in the suites are new and we will have the supplier repair the ice maker. We do not make ice in advance of guest arrival for health and sanitary reasons. As noted our ice machine is on the main floor which is common for a Residence Inn. We thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention and appreciate you being our guest.

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

We were here for a solid week while my daughters equestrian team trained and competed at the Saratoga horse track and show grounds. The management and entire staff of the facility truly make you feel at home. It is clearly run well, as evident in how happy and peaceful all members of the staff are during the course of their shifts at work. So super impressed! Will stay here again next time in Saratoga. Even my 15 year old noticed it and mentioned it!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Dear sarakkd,

We thank you for choosing Residence Inn while you were training in Saratoga. We want our guests to feel like family and we are pleased that your children notice that the positive attitude of the staff. We go the extra mile and as a result have a strong base of repeat guests. We welcome you back next year if Saratoga is in your plans. THank you for being our guest.

Enjoy the Summer

Reviewed 26 May 2017

The gentlemen at the Front Desk, Gary and the night auditor, were outstanding and went above and beyond to be helpful. They deserve 10 stars. However the lady on the Front Desk was a bit abrupt. The other staff we met during our visit were all friendly and helpful.
The room itself was OK. The bed seemed to be small for a queen and the bedroom was small compared to other Residence Inns. The a/c didn't work properly for the duration of our visit.
The room was superficially cleaned, however there was a thick layer of dust on top of the refrigerator with someone's fingerprints, various bits of stuff and food on the dining chairs and floor, and the kitchen cupboards were very dirty.
There was a bit of noise from the corridor from people just going about their every day business (so not especially rowdy or loud)

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2017

My husband, myself and another couple stayed at the Residence Inn on February 17 and 18, 2017. We attended our friends' wedding nearby. The hotel was very nice, as were the hotel staff. Check in was a breeze! The suites were very clean, well decorated, and comfortable. The king sized bed we had in our suite was super comfortable, as were the pillows. We enjoyed the free breakfast Saturday morning and it was very good. The food was hot, many choices and replenished frequently. The area where the food was, was clean and easily accessible. The dining area was also clean and there was plenty of spaces to choose for dining. I would highly recommend my friends and family to stay here. We will definitely stay again when traveling to Saratoga.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
hotelherrold, General Manager at Residence Inn Saratoga Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2017

Dear Sheryl L,

On behalf of the team, we appreciate you choosing Residence Inn and thank you for your positive comments. The staff is guest focused and we want your stay to be pleasant from arrival to departure. From the Desk, Housekeeping, and the Breakfast attendants our goal is provide homelike hospitality that exceeds one's expectation. Complimentary full hot breakfast and a larger pool are amenities guests appreciate as well a well appointed suite. We look forward to hosting your next stay in the area.

All the Best