“Oh boy... hopefully just a bad night for the staff”
Review of UNO Chicago Grill - CLOSED

UNO Chicago Grill
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 28 January 2015

I've been to this restaurant a few times now and it has always been fine. Maybe it was just the holidays. We've been having a string of bad experiences in Saratoga and this is just one more.

The service was terrible. I mean, really terrible. And there wasn't anyone to talk to because there was no sign of a manager or anyone in charge. I think it started out bad because they put us in the far left corner of the restaurant where they seem to have sequestered all the families with small children in. It was just bad.

The food: Either the waitress didn't get it (she later proclaimed to be new and still learning the menu - with some serious attitude) or the kitchen screwed up. One person ordered a salad, the rest of us ordered burgers. The salad didn't show for 20 minutes after we all got our burgers. We waited until the salad arrived to eat. Everyone's food was cold by then. Just bad.

I think the waitress could have helped herself by apologizing but that never happened. I think she assumed she wasn't getting a tip and didn't care by that point.

Oh boy...

Reviewed 9 January 2015

Stopped in with a co-worker for dinner on the way home. Welcoming and friendly staff. I ordered the New England Clam Chowder and Mushroom Ravioli. The soup was just the right consistency, temperature and tasted great. The Ravioli was excellent as was the mushroom sauce it was served with.

The price was right, our waitress Veronica was very helpful and provided super service. While I usually not a fan of the franchised chain restaurants, I'll probably go back here when I'm in the area.

Reviewed 29 December 2014

It was the perfect solution for having lunch, also had enough to give us lunch the next day. Appetizers were good and the beef tips came with lots of beef and onions. My flatbread had eggplant, tomato, spinach and feta . Yum.

1  Thank Sandra P
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

The price is very low. The food is perfect and service is awesome . The best UNO Chicago restaurant on the adirondack région

1  Thank Blaze3191
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Recently, my dining experiences at small, locally owned restaurants has been mediocre at best. Some have just been horrible. I think many local restaurants count on people being turned off by large chain restaurants and in doing so, slack off on quality and service because they believe people would rather eat locally than in chains. They couldn't be more wrong.

I have eaten at this location a few times over the past couple of years. I will say that the service and quality of the food has always been consistent. The wait staff has always been friendly and polite. The food had always been as expected.

On the last visit, we tried the shrimp and crabmeat appetizer, which was very good. We all had burgers, which as in the past, have always been served promptly and accurately. I will say that I don't order higher than expected on the menu. We have had burgers, salads, sandwiches etc. I have never ordered steak here expecting it to be like Keens Steakhouse in NYC, but there are plenty of items on this menu that they do very well with.

I think this restaurant is a good place for a nice lunch and perfectly fine for families with small children. I would choose this over any other chain restaurant in the area.