“Quick bite before a concert.”
Review of Putnam's Patio

Putnam's Patio
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 30
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Spa State Park
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Headed to see Matchbox Twenty and needed to fortify before a couple of cocktails. For an appetizer we ordered two Tuna Poke's that were delicious. Could have used a couple wanton crips to scoop up the yummy tuna but it only came with one. I had the pork taco's, which I enjoyed. A friend ordered the burger and said it was very good and cooked to order.

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

This is a review of their Sunday Brunch Buffet. This was one of the most extensive brunch selections that I have seen in a long time. They had seafood including shrimp that was large and tasty, crab claws, oysters and mussels. They had many breakfast favorites as well lamb and seafood lunch type selection and desserts. Beautiful presentation of the food. Reasonable priced.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and I arrived after a short drive from Syracuse. Great weather and no traffic made the journey wonderful. We checked into the Gideon Putnam smoothly and quickly and decided on a light lunch in the hotel to hold us until our dinner reservation. I was expecting the usual challenge of avoiding nachos and deep fried whatever and hopefully finding at least one healthy and delicious choice. Who knew, hiding in the kitchen, was the genius of the recently arrived Chef Luca. His new menu is inspired, creative, balanced but most importantly, super delicious. I had the Buddha Bowl. Yum. Healthy, delicious and inspired. My wife had a crab cake and the Strawberry Avocado salad. The Crab Cake was about 100% crab, delicately spiced and worthy! The Strawberry Avocado salad almost dessert. By the way, our server Nick was an amazing waiter. Nice to see someone treat the role as a profession not just a job. With some sprucing up and perhaps some music and more refined place settings this would easily have jumped to a 6 out of 5. And fear not...I hope to return and try the beer battered deep fried burger with French fries. If it is anything like the salad I may never leave. Love it!

Reviewed 1 August 2017

We were staying in the hotel and decided to have dinner here as it is convenient and the patio was inviting. The food was ordinary - artichoke fritters were greasy, crabcake was spicey and we could not eat it, the beef tacos were ok but messy. We were not at all impressed with the food. Service was quick and the waiter was friendly but lacked knowledge of the food as the menu recently changed.

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Fantastic food at an old world hotel. We sat on the patio and had a delicious meal before heading over to the venue. The wait staff was friendly and super nice!