“Wonderful Romantic Getaway”

Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
Glens Falls
“Wonderful Romantic Getaway”
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We went for a weekend anniversary getaway. Chose the Romance Package - it included room, 4 course dinner, chilled champagne, chocolates and continential breakfast. Staff was very friendly and room was very clean and comfortable.We had a king size bed in a loft room, jacuzzi jet tub and fridge as well as coffee maker.The food was excellant as well as more than ample.We had appitizers, salads, I had a fabulous Beef Wellington and my husband had a chicken stuffed with priscutto ham and some kind of cheese. We finished up with a duet of creme brulee'. We actually took our desserts back to our room and ate them later after we had time to relax and digest. We highly recommend this beautiful hotel with a wonderful staff!

Room Tip: We had room 217 and it was a loft room. So our bed was upstairs. Plenty of room if your traving with...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Upstate New York
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Stayed at Longfellows with my wife for our three year anniversary. We booked the romance package which includes a four course dinner, hotel room, homemade local chocolates and a bottle of chilled champagne.
Checking in was quick, the room was very nice. It had a cozy jacuzzi jet tub, refrigerator, tv, and a king size bed set atop of a loft style bedroom.
After check in we relaxed and had a few beers and went to dinner. The restaurant part of this hotel was incredible, the food amazing. Not a single complaint about anything we ate. Top quality all around. We sat by a fireplace which was a nice touch. My wife enjoyed the beef wellington and I probably had the best steak I have ever had. A prime cilantro butter coated strip steak. DELICIOUS. We brought our dessert back to our room for later and relaxed on the couch. The bed was comfortable, and enjoyed a nice nights sleep.
In the morning the complimentary breakfast was good, a few pastries, coffee and a newspaper. What else do you need? After breakfast checkout was quick and we drove back home.
I would definitely recommend this hotel/restaurant to anybody.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
RVC NY
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Spent a night at this lovely hotel and found it to be very charming and accommodating. The check in staff was very courteous and polite. I had asked a few questions about the area and they had great knowledge of Saratoga and places to eat and browse. I found this hotel to be very convenient to town and had a lovely nature path to the lake. This was a great place and value.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank frankdaddy
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed 22 September 2011

I stayed one night in September for my cousin's wedding. If I read some of the other comments I may not have stayed because I believe too much of what people say and I am a partial germ-a-phobe. I stayed in a two queen bed room with my parents & sister, and was worried it would be too small and tried to talk my Dad into a bigger room. The room was perfect size, the two beds were not crammed in and the bathroom was huge and clean, no tiles popping up. I do think the walls by the sink were sticky - but they looked clean so I really didn't care. I just figured it was due to the paint & humidity from people showering or maybe a cleaning product stripped the paint? but the Shower had great water pressure and it looked pretty clean to me. As for the bed - it wasn't great but I have never stayed in a hotel that I actually liked the bed, I wouldn't say it was worse than any other. Our room was in the hotel not the building with the restaurant and I thought the room was clean And.. I actually walked around the room in my socks, I never do that! TV may not have been a flat screen, but we were there for a wedding & had no time for tv anyway. the restaurant was gorgeous, I would love to go back with my husband & kids and the wedding was beautiful Food was awesome.
staff in hotel were very friendly, breakfast and breakfast area were pretty good too. Overall I loved it and would like to go back.

Room Tip: Our room was the first floor in the Hotel portion of the Hotel and we had NO problems at all and we...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Trish R
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 17 August 2011

My wife and I have stayed here several occasions over the past few years, something just keeps bringing us back. The rooms are clean, up-to-date, and spacious, and the beds are wonderful. The service is second-to-none, the staff are responsive, courteous, and attentive. It's proximity to the superb Longfellow's restaurant just a few dozen yards away makes this a great romantic retreat. Plus, it's near the cute town of Saratoga, as well as near the famous Saratoga Springs horse racing tracks, as well as the historic Saratoga Springs National Battlefield.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the 2nd floor, it's a tad noisy when people are above you when you are stay...
  • Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple