I would only recommend this hotel to individuals who are looking to over pay for sub-par accommodations. We attended a wedding reception in the “Courtyard” at Longfellows. The reception was lovely and the food fantastic, however, our stay in the hotel was horrific. A number of our friends stayed in the rooms attached to the hotel- the decor is outdated, the rooms are dingy and the bathrooms are old and in need of repair. We stayed in the other building which although much newer, was very poorly constructed. The tiles on the bathroom floor popped under your feet as did the shower stall. The caulk around the bathroom was dirty and peeling, the walls were sticky, and the door to the bathroom hit your knees as you sat on the commode- a very poor design. The air conditioning in the room only had a HI/LO setting consequently, we were either freezing or sweating. Moreover, the floor would have been more comfortable than our King size bed. In fact, my Husband and I had such a poor night’s sleep we got up at 7am and checked out to drive home! To add insult to injury, after the hotel charged our credit card for the full stay at the time of booking (90 days before our stay-an almost $400 charge), then they had the audacity to charge our credit card again upon check-in for any “incidental expenses” which we might incur (as opposed to simply settling your bill at check-out). I wouldn’t stay at Longfellows again if you paid me. Next time, I’ll go down the road to the Marriott.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We specialize in making the everyday exceptional; providing outstanding service; and offering an experience you will treasure. Located one mile from the Northway, we are nestled on the countryside just minutes from downtown Saratoga and away from the hustle and bustle. We pride ourselves on offering a relaxing, stress-free environment where we get to know our guests by name. We’ll take care of your dinner reservations, shuttle you to and from town and remember your favorite paper. We offer spacious guest rooms, luxurious lofts and executive suites with numerous amenities to provide all the comforts of home. At our adjacent restaurant, you’ll enjoy award-winning cuisine and a wine list that’s earned Wine Spectator’s recognition for over eight years. Please be advised that menu items and prices are subject to change based on market prices and at Chef's discretion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Longfellows Hotel, Restaurant, and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Longfellows Hotel, Restaurant, Hotel Saratoga Springs
- Longfellows Hotel Saratoga Springs