“Will stay here again!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saranac Lake
Amanda's Village Motel
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Saranac Lake
Albion, New York
“Will stay here again!”
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Met Joe when we checked in and got the inside scoop on where to go for dinner. LaBella's - a great choice! Room and bathroom were very nice and clean. Walking distance to downtown, and a block away from convenience store, all directly across from Lake Flower, Best value for the money!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Watertown, New York
Reviewed 17 July 2011

Edie and Joe are the most congenial owners we've ever met. We enjoy Amanda's Village so much that we've stayed there on the average of once a month for about 10 years. We call number 6 our home away from home, and Edie and Joe try to rent us that unit whenever it's available. The entire property is extremely clean both inside and out. There's never a cobweb or speck of dust anywhere inside, and the grounds are nicely decorated with the flowers and greenery of each season.

The location is delectable in that it's only a hop to a delicious restaurant to it's left, is across the road from Lake Flower, which provides a relaxing atmosphere in which to read a book, and since we're hikers, it's very important that Amanada's Village is very near the high peaks. If shopping is what tickles your fancy, Amanada's is very conveniently located less than 10 miles from Lake Placid.

We stay there as often as we can. -Jerry and Debbie

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
South Wales
Reviewed 7 July 2011

Firstly the location is very nice, just across the road from Lake Saranac and the people couldn't have been nicer or more helpful.
The room prices were reasonable for the area.
Unfortunately the room was small, hot (no air con) and had a view either of the chalet in front (you could just see the lake if you looked to the right and craned your neck), or the scrap yard at the back (we had a lovely view of a rusting VW camper right against the window).
The bathroom was tiny and the shower was a lottery! If a neighbour flushed the loo while you were in it, you either froze or boiled.
This said, the area was lovely and Lake Saranac was very pretty.

Room Tip: Get the ones in the block in front of the lake!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 30 May 2011

For a 5-night stay in Saranac Lake, I made long-distance reservations at Amanda's because it was inexpensive and I was traveling by myself. Uncertain about what to expect, I reserved only two nights. But what a nice place it turned out to be. The room was very clean, nicely furnished, partially wood paneled, and cozy. The bed was better than my own at home, the tub/shower was brand new, I could park right outside the door, the owners Joe and Edie were exceptionally pleasant -- and I stayed the entire five nights.

I've usually stayed at places for three or four times the cost when not traveling alone, but this is the first accommodations review I've ever been inclined to write. I'd recommend the motel to anyone who doesn't need a pool or a "big name" sign out front.

Room Tip: Prefer front building.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank DougMadden
Saranac Lake, New York
Reviewed 13 May 2011

Both my mom and brother have stayed at Amanda's Village Motel and were pleased with the rooms and the owners. So, when i was recently displaced from my apartment because of flooding, Amanda's was where i went. There is no place like home, but if you can't be there Amanda's is the next best thing! I was there for 12 days and had the pleasure of having several conversations with the owners Joe and Edie. This is no "big box" motel. It has personality as do the owners, a welcome relief these days. Joe and Edie made me feel at home and although i told them i was "low maintenance" and didn't need much, they took very good care of me and my room. I highly reccomend this motel!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
10.5 km away
Quality Inn Lake Placid
Quality Inn Lake Placid
#16 of 31 in Lake Placid

Been to Amanda's Village Motel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK