All reviews loft suite main street restaurant service free bikes dog friendly hotel restaurant week outdoor patio quaint town nice happy hour s cove nice bathroom lovely property both mornings stayed two nights off season american hotel small hotel
Reviewed 18 October 2018

We are very happy, that we chose Sag Harbor for overnighting instead of Montauk or East Hampton. Sag Harbor is such a lovely town. The hotel is newly renovated, so the rooms are great: a wonderful big bed, nice furnitures and a confortable shower. I was very surprised about the night service in the rooms, which is very uncommon for a 3 star hotel. The people at the reception were helpful and gave us good advices for wineries, the ferries and what else we can do. But unfortunately the reception and also the checking out was not so friendly and we didn't really feel welcome. No "thank you", no "see you soon", no nothing when we left. Even if they wright that the bar will be open until 11pm, they close it earlier, which is really a no-go.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 October 2018

We stayed 3 nights in October. We booked a room with a large patio by the pool. It would be great in summer but we did not end of being able to use it. The room was very nice and we were comfortable in all ways. Our friends were upstairs with a loft room. The view of the harbor was great but the bedroom is upstairs in a loft and its bath is downstairs. The public rooms are very nice but on the weekends, the bar was PACKED. The dining room on the second floor has a lovely view and we enjoyed breakfast there each morning. We were impressed with the front desk staff and felt everyone was very nice and helpful. Town is a few blocks away so perfect for shops and the excellent restaurants. I can imagine in peak season it would be very busy but fun for families.

Room tip: We were downstairs and could hear every step in the room above us.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2018

Initially had a room with poor view, at top of stairs with a "patio" that was essentailly the walkway where everyone walked past you.
we asked for and received a nicer room

on the plus side-- free bikes which we used twice, great to view the town (easy ride)
convenient location to all the restaurants
walk around the harbor

the restaurant food was good-- a dinner we had there (3 appetizers and a salad) was superb and probably the best meal we had the entire trip. Don't skip the restaurant because it is in the hotel

we opted for the breakfast package and thought it a good value ($40 menu options for $20) service at breakfast seemed a bit slow and disjointed.

Staff a bit young and I felt at times lacked experience but they always tried

overall nice stay-- check out the restaurant for dinner

Room tip: stay on the pool side of the hotel otherwise you will be looking at the parking lot and view blocked by another building
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2018

Pictures look perfect....but we were given a room in the back of the building. Musty odor, up at 1 am due to loud noises above us....clean room, but extremely limited space....a few stink bugs, but that’s wasn’t the problem...and contracted through Groupon so required to pay full boat for the third night even though we checked out after the second! A real disappointment ....never again with Groupon or Baron’s Cove!

Room tip: Front of complex!
Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gena T
Reviewed 7 October 2018

My wife and I stayed at Baron's Cove this past week and we loved it. It is located right on the water in Sag Harbor only a 5 minute walk to Main Street. Check in was quick by a very friendly staff. I upgraded to a one bedroom loft - room 209. The room was beautiful as we walked in with stairs leading to the loft. We looked out the window to see the boats and yachts on the water in front of us. Upstairs also saw the same view from a window high up on the vaulted ceiling. Walking to our room from the parking lot later in the day I asked one of the workers where I could find an ice machine. Instead of pointing out where to find the machine, he told me he'd send someone up to my room with a bag of ice - which came to us quickly. I looked to book this room again in the summer and it seemed everything was already booked in June and July. I highly recommend Baron's Cove if you ever come visit the Sag Harbor area.

Room tip: The Loft facing the water is by far the better room to choose
  • Trip type: Travelled on business