All reviews the pub golf course suny purchase the indoor outdoor pool breakfast buffet health club play golf lap lanes fitness center westchester airport close to home cocktail hour guest rooms valet parking beautiful property new york atrium
Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

While we continue to return there are some tired things that should be done.

The sidewalk to the parking lot is dangerous and long over due for repair. You even continue to put traffic cones out acknowledging that you have known for about a year the repairs are REQUIRED! Do it.

Now about you luggage racks that were designed for the suitcases people lugged around in the 1950's LOL guests use roller bags now that open on both sides. Then there is the issue of broken straps on these Antiques (room 317).

Bad choice changing your room soap from the oatmeal soap. Frankly it was a plus!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

The hotel was built in the sixties and it seems that it has not been refreshed since. It smells old and moldy, I turned off the air condition after a brief look at the dust and dirt collected in the outlet.
The layout cannot be changed, I understand, but it is still a hike from the parking lot to the guest rooms.
There are much better and more updated hotels in a five mile radius.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank martintraubmt
Reviewed 25 September 2018

On the positive side, the location and golf resort looked fantastic although I wasn't able to enjoy such facilities being a business trip. The room was very large, however it came with the following negatives that left me disappointed overall:

1. First impressions other than the large size of room, the carpets and feel of the hotel were stale, a little dirty and old.
2. I immediately noticed the stale looking bedding, off white sheets, with a hole here and there
3. The toilet was my next port of call and upon opening the lid, I saw some hair in the bowl and the water tinged yellow (possibly urine) although I quickly flushed
4. No shampoo for my much needed shower - so I had to call down for some. Not ideal after a 30hr journey to reach the hotel and being late at night
5. No complimentary mineral water - something I am usually accustomed to
6. No bathrobe or slippers - would have been very useful given the airline had delayed my luggage
7. No room service seemed apparent and I was told that I could use a vending machine when I called and asked about restaurants open
8. The large air con unit was noisy and every time it started up it caused me to wake up, so I ended up turning it off

Everything else was Ok / average including food / breakfast. Be prepared for long walks back and forth as the hotel complex is huge.

The meeting room projector equipment didn't come with a HDMI cable / connector so this also spoilt my presentation I was giving.

Before staying again, I would like to see the place spruced up with new carpets, curtains, new modernised bathrooms without the unhygienic shower curtain concept they currently have, new beds and air conditioning system. Small things like mineral water in rooms would be nice too .

My company paid for the room directly, so I am not aware of the price, but can only assume it was very cheap.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

I live in New York City so we drive up here often to play golf and the course is lovely.
But last night we had our high school reunion here and stayed over at the hotel.
They really could do a much better job on so many levels with this place.
It is disorganized, desperately in need of a renovation, the rooms are way below the standard I would expect from the Doral and even the breakfast buffet at $22 per person seemed to be way overpriced given the location of the restaurant and the lack of selection and quality of the food.
I thought this hotel would be much nicer when we signed up to stay overnight here for our reunion.
The reunion itself was really fun but the actual location of the party in the Atrium portion of the hotel was less than desirable.
Staff was not great and It was tremendously underwhelming. The party then moved into the pub where there was more discombobulation with a pretty bad DJ and a poor set up.
I think this chain can do better.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

Here for two days for business. While the resort has a friendly vibe, physically it has seen better days. I’d be surprised if it has been renovated since the 1980s. The rooms are like oversized motel 6 rooms with dingy carpet, stained sitting chairs, and low end furniture. The pool is spacious but weird, with ancient lounge chairs and bleach-stained towels; the lobby is strangely spartan, and the restaurants feel like they are stuck in the early 90s at best. I’d give this place a “poor” rating for even daring to call itself a luxury resort with luxury rooms (laughably untrue), but the spacious and pretty grounds have pushed me, somewhat uncomfortably, to call it average.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business