“Beautiful Wedding!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stone Tavern Farm

Stone Tavern Farm
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Roxbury
Stone Tavern Farm
Ranked #2 of 4 Roxbury B&B and Inns
Seattle, Washington
“Beautiful Wedding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012

We absolutely loved our wedding at Stone Tavern Farm. We had so much fun and our guests loved it. It is a unique and magical place. John is very flexible and lets you customize your weekend however you want. There are no time limits and you have the farm for the weekend. They are very organized with their logistics, everything went out without a hitch. Highly recommend Stone tavern farm as a wedding venue. An awesome night!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KaraG01
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Middletown, NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2012

A few weeks ago I was exploring the possibility of taking a date out for a horseback ride. Searching through the internet Yellow Pages I found a half dozen ranches that might offer horseback riding. I then proceeded to call and ask each one if they did and what were the requirements. I was thinking my date was over 200 lbs. or even more so I wanted to avoid any undue embarrassment on the scene so i called ahead about this too. When I called Stone Tavern Farm and asked if there were any weight restrictions I was told in a very nasty tone, "You saw the website, no riders over 225 lbs." and then he hung up abruptly. I think because they are doing a lot of business now it went to their heads and they don't care how they deal with the public anymore because the money will come anyway. A bad way to do business...

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
      Location
      Rooms
5 Thank nimrodMiddletown_NY
Catskill12474, Owner at Stone Tavern Farm, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
I cannot beleive this to be true. I answer 50 plus calls a day 7 days a week and have never been rude, crude or arrogant to anyone and I have certainly never hung up on anyone. I have been in the hospitality business since I was 12 years old growing up in Virginia Beach. When people ask about our weight limits for the horses, I always respond with the same fact that we have 1 large Belgian horse that can carry over 300 lbs no problem. This is the only negative thing written about us on any site out there. We have been in business for 13 years and have 100's of wonderful write ups. I am thinking he may have confused us with another of the 6 phone calls he mentioned. If the person who wrote this will contact us, we would like to prove our professionalism on the phone and the great lengths we go to accomodate larger people. I am 6'3" and 300lbs so I am always accomodating to our larger customers.
ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

Wow. that is the way this farm makes me feel. From the view of the mountains to the warm friendly family to the farm dog Reyn. I had an amazing time lat summer and have been waiting for the spring to go back again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
      Location
      Rooms
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2011

My husband and I got married at Stone Tavern Farm in May. It is such a magical and beautiful location and they have done a great job turning it into a space for weddings. John and his wife Danielle were great to work with and their kids were all so helpful setting things up. Everyone had a great time including us, and EVERYONE commented on what a beautiful and special place it is. Thank you!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Johanna W
New York, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2011

My daughter had her wedding at Stone Tavern Farm in May 2011. The weekend portended to be a disaster-- it had rained buckets the entire week before and threatened to continue all weekend, and when we arrived, the barn where the reception was to be held was, well, a barn ....however, after working for two days on this do-it-yourself wedding, we transformed the barn into a lovely, magical setting. (I am sure you could get someone, a wedding planner, to do all this for you!). The ceremony was in a pavillion above the barn -- it was beautiful looking out at the catskills. The owners of the property are lovely and extremely helpful. There's a wonderful golden retriever on the property, if you'd like a dog to join the wedding party! Also, my daughter hired a fabulous caterer in Roxbury -- www.maryscookin.com -- she made the best salmon and mushroom ravioli I've ever had and I've eaten in many high-end NYC restaurants. The wedding guests couldn't stop raving about the setting and the food. I didn't stay on the property, so I can't comment on the accommodations. We stayed in town at the The Roxbury, a fun place to stay.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank NewYorkNYTraveler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roxbury
33.2 km away
22.6 km away
Starlite Motel
Starlite Motel
#1 of 2 in Big Indian

Been to Stone Tavern Farm? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK