All reviews the main house new owners hiking trails lawn games roasted chicken fire pit pool table natural beauty short walk great weekend my boyfriend tavern volleyball hike property winter escape
Reviewed 20 August 2015

My family and I were not able to visit because after numerous unanswered phone calls, with messages left on their answering machine, with no return call and emails we gave up and visited somewhere else.

2  Thank rccruise
Jonathan P, General Manager at Glen Falls House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Hi,

We just want to let you know that we're under new ownership and things have changed quite a bit. We hope you will give Glen Falls House another try!

Jon

Reviewed 15 August 2015

We spent last weekend at Glen Falls House with my sister in law and family. The rooms were clean but had a rustic feel. The walls were paneling (which gave the room charm) the TVs were old, and made the kids (13.10, 8, and 3) laugh. We aren't tv people.

The food, outstanding. Our server Cori, was terrific, and very helpful. My 3 yr old only asked for once, the rest ate what was served, and sometimes asked for more!

The activities were fun: volleyball, tennis, basketball, pool, shuffle board, 2 playgrounds, ping pong, horse shoes, plus other games. For me the best part was our kids making friend and being able to "run free" like we use to. The game of 15-18 kids playing flashlight tag at night in the big field was a highlight for my daughter.

We spent time hiking and swimming in waterfalls. Maria was super helpful in explaining each trail. We loved the "Ale" trail, the highlight, a small natural water slide!

The adults enjoyed the tavern. The beer was affordable $2-3 for good beer and $5 for wine. The band on Saturday night was very good, and it was ok to let the kids watch.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank M2He
Reviewed 2 August 2015 via mobile

We just spent 2 nights in this place. We got the deal from Living Social.
It's an old place . The motel in the upper side is not the fanciest one. It needs more TLC , but it was enough for the 5 of us. My kids are 7, 5 and 1.1/2 years old . Maria the owner provided a crib for the baby as we requested before staying over there .
The falls were beautiful. I would prefer a better taken care of the road that takes us over there, but it was supposed to be an adventure.
Modest pool, but plenty clean towels and floating toys. Big playground area is big and different games for adults and kids. Food was good. Nothing fancy, but home made with plenty drinks and extra side dishes if you need it . Service in the dinning was awesome. I will come back again . Kids built a lot of memories .

1  Thank ChicaPeru
Reviewed 4 April 2015

My family used to go here every year for the past 15+ years in a row. The previous owner, Debbie, passed away around 2007 and the resort and service just went downhill.
This used to be an awesome resort, beautiful scenery, many things to do, great food.
But when Debbie passed away it was just not the same, the new owners weren't as nice and helpful and the service just didn't cut it anymore.
We haven't gone back since 2008, maybe they've gotten better but we found someplace else. I'm giving it 4 stars for the 15 years of awesome family fun and memories.

Date of stay: May 2014
2  Thank Eric W
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

Second year in a row my family has stayed here. Owners Maria and Rich go out of their way to make you feel like you are part of their family! Great food and always something going on! Will be back again next yeat!

Date of stay: August 2013