All reviews watkins glen beds were comfortable finger lakes seneca lake spent nights a great home base would stay here again beautiful area west side perfect location enjoyed our stay mini fridge great view of the lake wine tour my wife and i motel style owners were friendly
Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

The golden knight inn is my annual place to stay. Mrs Henry is super friendly and accommodating
The rooms are always sparkling clean ,beds super comfortable.
If your looking for high tech and
Glitz and glamor not your place but I always stay here I give this place 2 thumbs up. Most highly recommended

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 September 2016

The Golden Knight was perfectly fine, if dated. The innkeepers were very nice, the rooms basic and clean. Wireless was nonexistent. Fridge and microwave were convenient, VCR was amusing. While these accommodations would not work if I had been intent on working, they were fine for our purposes and again, it was clean and the owners were nice.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GKinnkeeper, Owner at Golden Knight Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2016

I am surprised the Wi-Fi was not working for you as there is a router in the room you stayed in. They are cleverly hidden, but definitely there. Unless it was unplugged, you should not have had a problem. Most of our guests enjoy the view of the lake and the hillside. I hope you were able to do that while you were here. Thank-you for staying with us!

Reviewed 17 September 2016

Like many tourist towns, lodging can be expensive and "iffy." My wife and I stayed here for one night after hiking the Watkins Glen Gorge. The place was great. It's only a 10 min. drive outside of town, great view, rooms clean, plenty of hot water and good water pressure. Own by a wife-husband who are super friendly and such a pleasure to talk to. The bed was great. I always use my own pillow but the pillows were also fine. AC was also great. Easy parking next to room. Have fun.

Date of stay: September 2016

Thanks so much for taking a chance on us! We enjoyed meeting you and having you as our guests!

Reviewed 5 September 2016

We booked a room here at the last minute, as we did not realize it was an Indy car race weekend in Watkins Glen. The front desk staff was very nice, the place was clean and comfortable and located close to everything we wanted to do! (winery tours!) It is an older facility, but just what you need to rest your head after a day around Seneca Lake.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2016

My family (4) stayed here for two nights in August. The room was quite big, and very clean, with a refrigerator, sofa, easy chair, and desk. The place feels very much like the 1950s era motel it is. The plusses are proximity to Watkins Glen (10 min. drive), nice view (we sat out in front of the motel one night and played Uno, and it was quite pleasant), nice owner/manager, VCR tapes (I miss going to the video store store, and they have a great selection, all free), room size, decent wifi. No minuses to speak of as far as I was concerned. There is nothing fancy about this place, and if you are looking for the latest in anything, you'll probably be disappointed. I hadn't stayed in a motel in years, and I admit that when I first got there, I had a moment of doubt. But the pleasantness of the owner on check in, and the other stuff mentioned above, quickly made me change my mind. I'd recommend it without hesitation.

Date of stay: August 2016