US$ 157
Dartmouth House(Rochester)
US$ 181
US$ 169
US$ 193
All reviewsred lobsterroom was cleandesk staffan updateair conditionerwould stay here againhighway
Reviewed 26 June 2017

My family and I have stayed at this hotel every year for the last ten years. When we first started staying here it WAS a very nice hotel, the staff was extremely friendly and very accommodating. Upon check in, we were welcomed by the smell of freshly baked cookies! The rooms were clean, the linen was fresh and the furniture was clean and comfortable. Over the last few years the condition of this hotel has slowly declined, the rooms are disgusting, dilapidated, and deplorable! The hallways smell like mildew, the rooms have a stale odor, the couches and chairs are covered with stains, both in the lobby and in the rooms, the tub had no drain cover, the bathroom wreaked of urine and there was hair in the bed as well as in the bathroom. Clearly, among other issues, the rooms are not well maintained or cleaned properly, Is this a new level of customer awareness ??? More like customer BEWARE! This was the last time my family will patronize this DISCOMFORT INN, if clean beds, clean carpets, stainless furniture, pleasant aromas and comfort are a priority for you, I suggest you stay somewhere else!
Although, I must give credit where credit is due, the staff is and has remained very amiable over the years. If it was not for Jeanine, we would not have continued to stay here over the last few years.

1  Thank LaVerne D
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Lobby area is small and dated. Front desk was great advising about breakfast and wifi. Room was great - no issues. Breakfast the first morning was packed. Very small area for breakfast. Staff did a good job replacing items. Loved the ice water with lemon available all day. Yes, the hotel does need an update. Hotel is located next to Red Lobster and across from Buffalo Wild Wings. My concern was my friends room. She had crumbs all over the floor when she arrived. Then in the middle if the night found a bug! She immediately checked out at 330am - hotel sold out so the gave her a credit.

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

Upon arrival we were welcomed by the horrendous odor of mildew and urine. We checked in and proceeded to our room only to find that the air condition unit was not working, which wasn't a problem I just expected for the manager to simply change our room. The hotel maintenance staff responded promptly, I never expected them to remove the unit and install a new one while we were in the room totally unacceptable and unorthodox! I couldn't believe what my family was witnessing. The tv turns off abruptly with no reasonable explanation from the staff. The time was 10pm we were ready for bed to find food in the bed and all over the sheets. I went to the front desk to alert the staff, a young lady approaches me with the sheets as if it was my duty to change them. I will never ever stay at this dump in life and will advise all my family and friends to drive pass this filth. I wouldn't want my worst enemy to experience what my family has!

Reviewed 20 June 2017

Wonderful front desk person She was extremely friendly and helpful under very stressful circumstances. Room not secure. Sent photos of door latch not working and letter with all the issues to the hotel manager, but he never responded to me.

Room Tip: no tips - already sent letter and photos to hotel manager
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 May 2017

We found this hotel to fill our needs. A bit worn, but clean, comfortable and quiet enough. Centrally located, near restaurants, highways,and shopping. This is a good choice if in the Rochester, Monroe County area.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family