“Felt Safe staying here”
Review of Comfort Inn West

Comfort Inn West
Ranked #22 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 10 May 2017

I stayed here in Jan 2017. I picked this hotel after reading some of the other places to stay did not get the best reviews on Tripadvisor.

I had a fridge that did not work well and this was swapped out by maintenance.

Staff was very friendly to me. They even assisted me in choosing a places to stay away from in the city for the next part of my journey. They were also accommodating when I needed to change my reservation dates. I would stay here again if I got the chance.

Room Tip: Top floor had less outside noise
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

I stayed on two separate occasions, and I wasn't impressed. Older property and it shows. And there is clearly a lack of pride in this property.
A bit noisy from traffic if you get a room facing the road. Good location as far as restaurants in the area.
I will only be back if I absolutely have to.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

Overview: Got a room one late night. Front desk staff was nice. Hotel is pretty dated. Springy mattress, rough sheets, bathtub peeling, shower head grungy, etc. They do offer breakfast but it's in a very small area. It's a decent continental breakfast at best. The tv in the breakfast area had static... No idea why. If you need a cheap place in a crunch, this will do. If you have a car... drive somewhere else. You can spend the same amount (or less) and stay at a newer hotel.

Pros:
- Friendly staff
- Pet friendly (I don't like dogs so this meant nothing for me, but might be good for you)
- Breakfast.
- Was fairly clean

Cons:
- Older hotel and it shows
- Smoke smell still lingering from the many years it was cigarette friendly
- Upon arrival, the elevator had a strong smell of beer and smoke. Beer smell was gone in the morning.
- Room is dated. It was fairly clean though there was a very obvious grease stain on the window. It looked like someone finger painted with butter.
- Bathroom is very small. The toilet moved when sitting and standing.
- Someone mentioned the rooms have a weird smell. I didn't notice this until I left in the morning and walked back in. Im thinking it may be from the dated hvac.
- While the bed looked good on inspection, I couldn't get rid of a creepy crawly feeling. I slept fully clothed.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 January 2017

We needed a room for one night. Our son had a volleyball tournament nearby so we didn't check in until after 7 PM. The woman at the front desk (don't remember her name) was so friendly and nice. She made us feel very welcome! The elevator could use an update. As we got off the elevator (onto the 3rd floor) there was an odor - - I couldn't quite place what it was, but it hit you as soon as you got off the elevator. It wasn't very pleasant.

Our room was nice - nothing fancy. I liked the shelves below the vanity in the bathroom, which held the towels and there was plenty of counter space for us to put our things on.

The beds were comfortable but the walls are paper thin and there seemed to be a lot going on the night we were there. We heard a lot of yelling above us and the people across from us had a baby with them. They had the baby up very late, laughing, which was keeping me up. At about 12:30 AM, they must have tried to put the baby to bed because then there was a lot of crying. Needless to say, I didn't sleep well. My son also had a hard time falling asleep because of all the noise.

The breakfast was good with plenty of choices.

I probably wouldn't stay here longer than a night or two, but for what we needed, it was perfect.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

Our room was clean and quiet. Breakfast was the typical Comfort Inn deal and was perfectly fine. The front desk ladies were nice. The hotel is pet friendly and there were a couple of dogs across the hall that were well behaved. We didn't run into any issues and this was a great place to stay for a "quick" weekend visit.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family