“Promising, but minus points for their chicken cacciatore”

Cinelli's Pizza Ristorante
Ranked #266 of 1,336 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed 19 May 2017

Our attentive server arrived with garlic knots soon after we arrived. The dipping sauce was generously dotted with slivers of garlic. The knots were crusty on the outside and fluffy on the inside lending themselves nicely for dipping. Very tasty, these knots. Oh, and they are complimentary - a nice touch.

I chose a special - fried eggplant pieces in a flavorful vodka-like sauce with mozzarella, basil and other spices. It was so delicious but very filling so I took most of it home with me for probably two more meals!

My guy did not fare so well - his chicken cacciatore was disappointing. Two chicken breasts were submerged in a blood-red sauce with onions and mushrooms. I have never, ever seen a sauce this dark. It was supposed to be a marinara sauce but had no kick. I question why an Italian restaurant uses chicken breast, anyways, for a chicken cacciatore dish. What ever happened to a thigh, leg and a breast (with the bone) in it? Yes, it is more labor intensive but the price was intense, too. Enough with the chicken breasts already - a very bland meat - I don't care what you do to it.

The restaurant is lively with Italian music in the background. Parking is ample, too. I need to add that in a previous visit, my friend had the gnocchi in the alfredo sauce and pronounced it to be the best she has ever had!

Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

Tonight we tried the chicken fingers and fries. Surprisingly, i liked the fries as much as the fingers. The order came with 5 fingers for $9

Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

My girlfriends and I went here on Valentine's Day for dinner. We made reservations for 630 we were seated at 6:45. We did not receive our food until 810. The waitress apologized repeatedly and said that they did not staff correctly. We asked to speak to a manager and a woman came over to our table stating she was the owner. She said that they were bombarded with takeout orders and as she was laughing she said "I guess that's good for me and my business but not for good for you" we then said making your customers wait an hour and a half for their food is not good customer service she continued to smile with a smirky look and offered us wine. The funny part is as we were waiting for our food for well over an hour, she was sitting at the bar eating nonstop laughing and having a great time. So I was wondering how she got her food so quickly??!!! Worst experience ever and we will never go back!!!!

Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

If anyone has read my reviews you know I love the Italian food in Rochester. There are some good restaurants in town but sometimes you find a diamond and it here

Friendly people make great food my wife had pizza and I had the parm both enjoyed every bite of it. Good size portions at a fair price. Add this one to your list fokes
As people figure out how great the food is. The line to get in is only going to be longer but it will still be worth the wait

Reviewed 27 October 2016

The pizza is above average, with some nice specialty choices. The pasta and sauces were authentic and available in 1/2. orders. I have been there twice for dinner and they were out of something both evenings. Salads were OK, not special.