All reviews road noise budget hotel shopping and restaurants bagels room was clean first floor refrigerator internet desk
Reviewed 26 July 2018

Hotel was exactly as expected for the price. Paid CAD$100 or around US$80 all in. Was 40% to 60% cheaper that most other local hotels at a busy time as area had a big convention. Room was basic and a bit dated and all carpets worn. However it was clean, quiet and everything worked. There was no noticeable outside noise from hallway but air conditioning was very loud. Bed sheets could have been less stained but bed comfortable. Did not try breakfast as not much on offer so only had tea and went to a local diner. Got a good nights sleep and at the price all I could really ask for. Receptionist gave us a back facing room as requested as less road noise.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Good location. Price was good and most of the staff were helpful.

Now for the bad stuff:
The bathroom was dirty and we ended up using disinfectant wipes to clean it.

Linen was disgusting. We bought our own sheets to use because the ones provided were dirty.

Supposed to have coffee available 24 hours a day, but that didn't happen. Coffee maker was often empty.

Carpets were stained and the furnishings were dated.

Had to ask for toilet paper at the office twice because they didn't resupply the bathroom when they cleaned it.

OJ machine didn't work at the continental breakfast.

Wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

If your looking for an amazing fitness room or a great breakfast this is not your hotel. If you are passing by and need a bed then it’s not to bad. Close to everything, water was hot. It’s worth the 72$.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

My husband and I booked an overnight stay here on Priceline. I thought it would be fine because we just needed a place to sleep and shower as we were driving through on our way to Rhode Island. Well, it turned into a mess. First, I will never use Priceline again. I booked the room over 24 hours in advance. I took a screenshot of the confirmation of my reservation AND received a confirmation email from Priceline. However, when we arrived at the Econo Lodge at 11 PM, we were told by the staff members that there was no record of our reservation and they had no rooms. When we showed them our confirmation number, we were told that it was of no use to them and we would have to contact Priceline. Thankfully, a new person was starting his shift at the Econo Lodge, and he was much more helpful than the first woman. I will say, he sincerely seemed to take pity on us and attempted to help us. He got on the phone with Priceline; however, it did not matter. In the end, Priceline nor Econo Lodge could "track down" our reservation. When I asked what was the point of my two confirmation documents, I literally got a shrug of the shoulders. Priceline offered to either cancel my payment or move us to a new hotel. Well at that point it was midnight and I clearly was hesitant about dealing with Priceline at all and knew that most of the nearby hotels were booked. Thankfully, the gentleman at the counter offered us a random room that was available and we told Priceline to refund our payment. Although I am grateful for the room, I would never have paid the rate I did under any other circumstances. The room was run down, the sheets were gritty, and the floor did not seem to have been vacuumed. I honestly did not even bother to complain because I was so tired and disgusted by the whole experience.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

We just stayed at the Econo Lodge. We were pleasantly surprised by the front desk person when we checked in. Very friendly & even gave suggestions for activities that night in the area.
However, the room was dated & the worst part was breakfast. They had 1 kind of muffins, bagels, outmeal and cereal. They also had apple juice but no orange juice.
I won't be going back but they got a 3 out of 5 because of the evening staff!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple