All reviews new york times renovated room front desk clean rooms free continental breakfast quick drive nice room an older hotel visiting family comfortable bed sink elevator hie spire microwave carpeting
Reviewed 8 June 2017

I know check-in is 3:00 pm, but you would think that a hotel that has a very empty parking lot and no
guests would let you check-in after 12 noon when you desperately need your room that is already paid for in advance for my elderly mother who was having health issues and needed to lay down.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
HIERochester, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rochester - Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2017

Nulagirl14,

I'm sorry that we didn't have your room ready at 12pm when you wanted it. Checkout is at 11am and we try to turn the rooms as quick as we can without compromising the cleanliness. I hope you will choose us again on your next trip to Rochester.

Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

This hotel is being remodeled definitely older, staff friendly good local restaurants. I have definitely stayed in cleaner Holiday inns. Breakfast average they run little late putting everything out takes a while to warm up!!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
HIERochester, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rochester - Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2017

Yfz5067,

Thank you for your comments, I am sorry that our facillity wasn't up to your standards during our renovation. I hope you will come see us when we are done. Thank you,

Reviewed 6 April 2017

I have stayed at this Holiday Inn Express several times through the years and it gets worse every time. Last year there were ants all over the room and this year it was in awful condition. The furniture, decorations and carpet are old and show wear. The cost was high and the location is bad. It is difficult to get to because of its location near a traffic light. The night we stayed there was a large group of girls on our floor that ran up and down the floor all night! Next time I will drive farther for a better hotel

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
HIERochester, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rochester - Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

I am sorry to hear about your experience with us. We have started a remodel and will be remodeling each guest room along with all the common space. I hope you will afford us the opportunity next time to see the new look.

Reviewed 3 April 2017

The hotel is currently under renovation, and as it is an older hotel it could use the update. I bet it will be very nice once it's finished, but as of now has some work to be done.

One thing that can't be changed is that rooms facing the road have a lot of traffic noise which didn't really let up until well after 1 AM. So bring earplugs if you are sensitive to such things.

The advantage is that it's a quick drive to the airport and in very short walking distance to a good variety of restaurants and a Starbucks.

Room Tip: do not get a street facing room. Also King rooms are quite small. I'd go for 2 queens even if you don't need them for a bit more space.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
HIERochester, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rochester - Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2017

Julie H,

Thank you for the review of your stay. We are working on giving everything a fresh and up to date appearance. I hope you will choose us again on your next trip to Rochester and see the new look.

Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

The Holiday Inn Express Rochester - Greece is outdated yet somehow charming. The Platinum/Spire lounge was appreciated though it only being available for part of my stay was a frustrating surprise. The lack of in room electrical wall outlets, small tv, the fact the remote did not work well and general outdated decor of the hotel was unpleasant. The folks at the hotel were nice, Ed specifically was great. For breakfast I enjoy a bagel and cream cheese, something every hotel has except for this one, a Greek yogurt cream cheese is provided here. This hotel feels safe, friendly and clean enough. I wish them the best with their coming remodel.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
HIERochester, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rochester - Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2017

StevenKII,

Thank you for your comments about your stay with us. I am glad that you did choose to stay with us and it worked well for your needs. I hope you will choose us again so that you can see the difference after the renovation!