Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
A great visit

We decided to visit the Science Centre and I'm glad we did. We received complimentary admission... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
mangojunkie
Hamilton, Canada
via mobile
Midweek visit

Went with my son after a doctors appointment. Was pretty empty there, which was great. Most of the... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
SueMu36
Brockport, New York
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Rochester
from US$ 16.00
from US$ 15.00
from US$ 127.93
from US$ 95.68
More Info
All reviews underground railroad tesla coils all ages native american reciprocal membership da vinci hands on activities interactive exhibits kids and adults local history great afternoon first floor kids love great for kids on display planetarium electricity
Reviewed 31 December 2017

The museum was full of screaming children and many of the interactive exhibits were broken or poorly explained, but there were some good ones. Their canal system demo was particularly good. They had large animal, dino, native american, and slavery exhibits. The electricity exhibit, as an engineer, I felt was particularly poorly explained. Their special traveling Da Vinci was fascinating and very well done.

Date of experience: February 2017
Reviewed 6 December 2017

This is the go-to attraction in the Rochester NY area to visit. Our family has been coming here since I was a small boy! What a classy place! A must see when visiting family in good old Rochester.

Date of experience: January 2017
Reviewed 8 November 2017

Good Place to spend a day, they have a fair bit of interactive exhibits but still some traditional (look as these fossils) exhibits.
I would spend more time at the Museum of Play than the Science Center. But still worth an annual visit for a local, or a decent place for a half a day from an out of towner.

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

Been going here for probably 3 years. I always purchase the 1 year family membership. One trip of 2 adults and 4 kids nearly pays for itself in one.

We only live 20 minutes away. Couple that with the awesome weather and this place is a no-brainer.

We’re adults in our mid-30’s with four kids from 8 to 17. We all enjoy the activities.

The museum covers a lot of local history with science hands on, play areas, inventor projects, kid focused learning modules and a lot more.

With the membership we gain access to the planetarium and frequent the star shows. The kids love the star shows and if the weather and volunteers are available then they open the roof top telescope. We got to see Saturn which the everyone still raves about.

I’ve never been to the cafe or shop so can’t comment.

Very cool! I can’t rave about this place enough.

Date of experience: November 2017
Reviewed 11 October 2017

I went here on a date. The artifacts exhibits were not altogether exciting, but the interactive areas certainly were. Even as adults we had fun there, letting out our inner children. Some of the things were a little out of date, though, which is not as exciting. If the submarine ride, for example, was a little more modern it would be okay.

Date of experience: July 2017